WNW DH.9a NINAK

pcben80

OK, last one guys, I swear. This is my COVID-19 quarantine build and I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out. As with the previous three, no real weathering to speak of and built mostly OOB with exception of HGW seatbelts in addition to the Vickers and double Lewis guns courtesy of Eduard Brassin. Sorry I didn't get any pics of the underside - I'm too damn scared to flip it upside down!

As I mentioned in the introduction for the Junkers D.1 build I posted earlier, I'm really not at the point where I build for historical accuracy so this bird has features that were not included on the "IF" scheme outlined in the manual (wheel covers and double Lewis guns). These recent WNW builds are all going into the display case for basically only me to look at so I decided I can live with it because I like the way it looks! I think I told myself when I was building it that I would build the next one to a much higher historical standard (and actually do a WIP!) but that was before recent developments...:crying:

Anyway, on to the pictures. 

ntAEj7S.jpg?1

d4XQb5w.jpg

8GOxgm1.jpg

V1rqHN2.jpg

raMcX71.jpg

6iVTnWT.jpg

YJBLbK3.jpg

jbDYwiK.jpg

VUWmlAZ.jpg

bl3INWZ.jpg

eXX6Y25.jpg

7dsgb5O.jpg?1

OK, I swear I'm done now... Anyone have any ideas how I get these safely from NYC to California?  :blink:

Edited by pcben80

I would like to publish this on the website, if it is ok with you?

On 4/19/2020 at 6:53 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Here is how I ship my commision models to my customers (usually half way or more across the country via FedEx):

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=482

I have shipped or moved built models in a similar way, plus one addition: I place the kit inside a white large kitchen garbage bag. This keeps any packing material from getting on the model, plus if anything shakes loose it stays in the bag with the model, i.e. makes any pieces easy to find!

Thanks to everyone for their kind words about the build. I would highly recommend this kit to anyone - I didn't really encounter any major problems. I have a post-war version in the stash that I am already looking forward to starting! Going to build something modern first though to give myself a little break from rigging.

11 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

I would like to publish this on the website, if it is ok with you?

I have shipped or moved built models in a similar way, plus one addition: I place the kit inside a white large kitchen garbage bag. This keeps any packing material from getting on the model, plus if anything shakes loose it stays in the bag with the model, i.e. makes any pieces easy to find!

Hello Ray. Thanks for the offer to publish this. I would be honored (and thanks for the additional shipping tip!). I only wish I could get some better pictures but unfortunately that's not going to be an option for a while...

Cheers,

Ben

Edited by pcben80