Wow... WNW gone....

Markjames1968

17 hours ago, Ryan said:

See the Green Tail boxing for $750.....

whew glad I bought a pallet of those :)

I will sell at the low low price of $700 each! First come first serve!

j/k of course

The OOP kits have long been priced like 200-250 on eBay - I wonder if any actually sell? I was sorta tempted on one of the first DVII boxings at $145 but never pulled the trigger, but $250 seems crazy....

On 4/27/2020 at 3:54 PM, Tony T said:

Absolutely right. Wonderful impulse buying. Teddy Bears don't pee, poop, puke or talk back, even during lock-down. Great stuff!

Tony 

Actually, the Fokker E.I, II or IV also had the teddy bear, perhaps all of them, for whatever it's worth.

20 hours ago, Ryan said:

See the Green Tail boxing for $750.....

2 hours ago, petrov27 said:

whew glad I bought a pallet of those :)

I will sell at the low low price of $700 each! First come first serve!

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

Can I please buy two, I have my own private jet, so advise what your local airport is? 

I guess now I know what Im doing with my GTT If I ever get really desperately short on my mortgage! 

I would say most of the actual sales I've been watching has still only gone up an average of 20-30%, though I did see one Duellists boxing of the Felixstowe and W.29 sell for 600 USD + 50 shipping. The D.VII (Fok) kits have been going for between 200 and 265. It seems that's about the ceiling on them right now. There has been one listed at 275 for a while now, and hasn't sold - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wingnut-Wings-1-32-FOKKER-D-VII-FOK-32011/352732345636

There are still a lot of kits selling between 120 and 150, which is where they've been for a long time. The trilogies and duellists have shown the biggest spike in value that I've seen.

Edited by BiggTim

On 4/29/2020 at 10:54 AM, ringleheim said:

Ebay listings for WNW kits right now are a bit low at 72.  It's usually around the low 100s (I look all the time).

Prices have definitely shot up already.  

I think this will be temporary.  I still believe that WNW supply exceeds demand.  Lots of folks buy and store these kits, but few actually build them.

I think prices will come back down.

And when WNW resurfaces under new ownership, the whole situation will change again, back to MSRP type prices.

I can’t beliece that idiot on EBay trying to sell a WnWs Camel for over $400. And the other guy trying to sell the 3 Albatroses for $700.00. Simply rediculous. Most of the sellers are being sensible.

13 minutes ago, Fred Jack said:

I can’t beliece that idiot on EBay trying to sell a WnWs Camel for over $400. And the other guy trying to sell the 3 Albatroses for $700.00. Simply rediculous. Most of the sellers are being sensible.

Yeh I thought the same thing, What is point of listing at quadruple the going price? I felt like emailing to ask if they were on drugs. 

Edited by Pup7309

What I really loved about WnWs amongst other things is that I already had a late Halberstadt CLll, but wanted another RE.8, but the Duelist I just got, had another late CLll. Well the WnWs sprues have the parts for both versions, so all I have to do is follow the online instructions and build an Early CLll.

The Duelist RE.8/ CL.ll amazes me. The real RE.8 in the kit forced down the CL.ll. The RE.8 was rumored to want to catch on fire if you turned to port or spun out of control if you tried to turn starboard, yet this RE.8 was able to force down a German two seat fighter.

20 minutes ago, Fred Jack said:

The Duelist RE.8/ CL.ll amazes me. The real RE.8 in the kit forced down the CL.ll. The RE.8 was rumored to want to catch on fire if you turned to port or spun out of control if you tried to turn starboard, yet this RE.8 was able to force down a German two seat fighter.

Some Re8 crews were quite skilled and maybe the other guys had jammed guns and/ or were happy to give up and sit out the war as POWs?

An unusual event but understandable 

Edited by Pup7309

1 hour ago, Pup7309 said:

Some Re8 crews were quite skilled and maybe the other guys had jammed guns and/ or were happy to give up and sit out the war as POWs?

An unusual event but understandable 

Actually, I had read that some pilots could use the RE-8 as well as any other two seaters, even Btisfits. I guess the bad performance rumors came about because it was so ugly. I consider it like the rumors that canaries were put in the wings of longhorns and shorthorns. It the canaries escaped, that meant that a wire had come off.