Wow... WNW gone....

Markjames1968

2 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I have a different philosophy.......

Rare or not, I've got quite a few WnW kits, all of which I purchased because I like the aircraft they represent, and intend to build all of them. 

The way I figure it, there will many opportunities to make more money, but possibly no more opportunities to acquire the WnW kits I have.

I bought mine because they were interesting, and I COULD build them, but honestly don't see me building THREE from the GTT...

Yup, Many years ago I sold off 60% of my stash to raise a few bucks and to trim the fat so to speak. About 3-4 years later when I got back into the hobby I ended up buying back most of the stuff I sold off at a higher price than when I sold it. I have a fair amount of WnW kits, probably enough to make 3-4 house payments in ebay prices but I too bought them to build not an investment.

I've seen too many collectors loose there butts because of a reissue. Remember the atomic cannon from renwall?

Edited by The Dude

1 minute ago, Out2gtcha said:

When I do build mine, my plan atm is to build them all at once in an assembly line type of build.

That is EXACTLY the way to do it!. I've done that with Eduard Spits, but that was 1/72nd scale so a TOTALLY different level of effort and complexity!

Well my latest Scurry-Hurry WNW purchases took fundage from the Supercharger fund for my Chevelle, but am gathering enuf back again to pull the trigger. The set I have eye on includes full serpentine setup of the charger, high end power steering pump (good since I am switching to hydroboost brakes too), A/C pump, high output alternator with all bracket assy. Instead of a flowthrough carb, installing the MSD Atomic fuel injection system (502 since a gen 6 already requires electric pump) which has full digital control.

chevellefrt.jpg

And while at it with other hobby, going to be selling this other green machine i've had about 9 yrs.

928frtlgts.jpg

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

Yup, Many years ago I sold off 60% of my stash to raise a few bucks and to trim the fat so to speak. About 3-4 years later when I got back into the hobby I ended up buying back most of the stuff I sold off at a higher price than when I sold it. I have a fair amount of WnW kits, probably enough to make 3-4 house payments in ebay prices but I too bought them to build not an investment.

I've seen too many collectors loose there butts because of a reissue. Remember the atomic cannon from renwall?

That my way of doing business. Buy high and sell low. 

7 hours ago, phasephantomphixer said:

Well my latest Scurry-Hurry WNW purchases took fundage from the Supercharger fund for my Chevelle, but am gathering enuf back again to pull the trigger. The set I have eye on includes full serpentine setup of the charger, high end power steering pump (good since I am switching to hydroboost brakes too), A/C pump, high output alternator with all bracket assy. Instead of a flowthrough carb, installing the MSD Atomic fuel injection system (502 since a gen 6 already requires electric pump) which has full digital control.

chevellefrt.jpg

And while at it with other hobby, going to be selling this other green machine i've had about 9 yrs.

928frtlgts.jpg

More nice cars! Restoring/maintaining  a 928 isn't a labor of love, its a labor of money and finding impossible to find parts. ;) 

Edited by The Dude

This is the only car I've ever owned that I seriously regret selling.  A 1966 Jaguar Series 1 E-Type. The mechanicals were perfect - the owner before me had completely rebuilt/balanced the motor, new clutch, and rebuilt the transmission.  4.2 liter straight 6 with triple SU carbs and full syncho 4-speed gear box. The body was sound, with a nice patina although the color left a bit to be desired. It was a thrill to drive, but as SUV's on the road got bigger, it was just too scary driving a car that small, and that fast, on crowded public roads. I sold it in 1999, and every once in a while I think about getting another one... in the same condition today it would only cost 75 Wingnut Wings Felixstowe F.2a kits at current EBAY prices...  :rofl:

9auE9kt.jpg