Wow... WNW gone....

Markjames1968

2 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

My young fools car was a 1971 MG Midget.   Ran great until it rusted out.  Fun it was!

Mine is 1972 - well 71 as it was registered on Jan 1st. I've had her for 35 years.

She has an unfortunate habit of going off the road for ten year stretches, she's hopefully coming to the end of her latest one

Richard

20 minutes ago, esarmstrong said:

No, you can go back to sleep.  Either that or lock this thread.

Apologies, I was not trying to be flippant, I was actually asking, as I normally dont go to the WnW site.

Besides, If this thread got locked for no reason, another would pop up in its place and end up this exact same way........at least until actual facts are known, so no it wont be locked unless it actually goes off the rails.

Looks like it's back to sleep for me at 1:00 in the afternoon!

I absolutely agree 100%, Ron, a little thread drift (especially if a subject thread has no real news anyway), has been fun and a nice distraction from what has otherwise become a sort of boring and depressing routine for many of us. This provides a bit of a release for many, and was never intentional. I find it all rather amusing.

7 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

You poor man. I'll trade you all of my WNW kits for that beauty! 

That is gorgeous. I've never actually owned any spectacular cars, though I did briefly have a '57 Ford Skyliner, and that was pretty cool. This, of all the various cars that I did own, was my all-time favorite; 1995 Cougar XR7. 

sgI9j0.jpg

Well as we all know, Out of the Box just doesn't cut it anymore....

01V0Iu.jpg

So minor upgrade in the braking department.  Going fast is easy, STOPPING is the critical element!

tsLdAY.jpg

77PZOM.jpg

Out with the old....

dmHoXi.jpg

In with the new...

7R440X.jpg

6 piston Brembos. The old front brake pads are now the size of my rear brake pads.  The fronts are now about 2x larger.

yIWEz7.jpg

Not my helmet there, by the way!

7 minutes ago, CANicoll said:

Well as we all know, Out of the Box just doesn't cut it anymore....

Nice, and you are right - after market stuff applies to cars too (no whitemetal suspension legs though)

My Midget sits on lowered springs, with telescopic dampers and MGB front brakes

Richard