Wow... WNW gone....

Markjames1968

I've hung onto my 64 Chevelle by the skin of my teeth so far. It was my first car, and was my father's and my uncle's before me. I started restoring it 6 years ago and hope to get the interior and wiring back in her this year, and get it running. This photo is what I am aiming for:

21732010001-large.jpg

I think I can get there, but it's slow and expensive. Life gets in the way of such things easily. Maybe I should stop building models. :D

Tim

Edited by BiggTim

Sigh.  I had a '70 340 Duster with the 8 3/4 rear, 727 Torqueflight trans and a 3/4 cam, factory headers.  It would burn the tires for as long as you would hold down the go pedal.  Sigh... Those were the days. 

Today its a WRX I track that actually is a lot more fun to drive, but nothing beats an American late 60's, very early 70's muscle car...

3 hours ago, DonH said:

:deadhorse:

Can we close this thread and start a new one on "cars we know and love"? Preferably in General Discussion.

Good idea.

This was taken in 2011 in Port Augusta, South Australia where we stopped for morning coffee.  We were on our way home having been across Australia.  I still have this car.  It's a 2004 Holden Monaro, with manual gears and slightly tweaked LS1 engine and suspension, plus HSV brakes which saved our lives just an hour earlier after some blind as a bat Queenslander dragging his poxy caravan turned across our path.

goshZ1.jpg

And here's one from my past which I wish I still had.  A 1973 Rover 3500S.  V8 engine and 4 speed manual.  Way in advance of it's time and still a car you can drive daily.  Alas, the next owner wrote it off not long after I sold it at the end of 1993.  :crying:  This picture was also taken outside Albany in my home state of Western Australia while on a driving holiday, having covered 3,000 miles in three weeks.

GS0M0L.jpg

I've had five other Rovers in my past, and I'd kill for another.  But I can't afford it as I'd have to sell my Monaro and I want both.  Or stop building LSP's. :(

Here's another shot of my "fleet", taken at Easter 1985.  I had money and no kids, then :whistle:

8WCHgN.jpg

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55

Or perhaps start a new thread with info on WnW's that is based on actual fact.........

We are letting this one ride to let off some steam and just have some fun. Sorry if that is a sin in these times with some of you.

Please relax, it's one thread. It's not the end of the world if we let one slide to the edge of fun.

When we know what's going on with WnW's long term we will be all over it and it will be front page.

For now, please chill, enjoy, we are not perfect, trying to find balance as moderators during all this etc..

It's been a fun thread for many, where it belongs as a thread doesn't really matter right now. 

Ron