Wow... WNW gone....

Markjames1968

Guys,

I have to say that I'm a bit hacked off that this thread has not stayed on track. Overnight I got something like 15 new posts - all of which I looked at in case there was something new of interest about Wingnut kits - instead,it was just chat about previously owned cars. You might've enjoyed it but it wasted my time. Consequently I will now switch off the notification for new posts on this thread and I've done what Pup7309 suggested and set up an account on WW1aircraft models. If you want to char about off topic matters then maybe use should start a new thread?

15 minutes ago, SimonCornes said:

Guys,

I have to say that I'm a bit hacked off that this thread has not stayed on track. Overnight I got something like 15 new posts - all of which I looked at in case there was something new of interest about Wingnut kits - instead,it was just chat about previously owned cars. You might've enjoyed it but it wasted my time. Consequently I will now switch off the notification for new posts on this thread and I've done what Pup7309 suggested and set up an account on WW1aircraft models. If you want to char about off topic matters then maybe use should start a new thread?

I have to say I agree, yet not, with your statement. I turned my notifications off for every topic years ago. As much as off topic notifications can be annoying, so too can the 4 million speculations based on "I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy". Starting a new thread would be appropriate, but once things start rolling, it can be like a runaway train. 

Personally, I've learned to control what I can, (notifications or not), and ignore what I can't (the path a thread may take). No disrespect intended, but how a thread is controlled is strictly up to the admins and moderators. The reason I re-activated my profile on this forum, is because the aforementioned admins keep a good, even hand on what happens here. That being said, (and playing devil's advocate), I'd like to think they would have put an end to it.

9 minutes ago, lawman56 said:

That being said, (and playing devil's advocate), I'd like to think they would have put an end to it.

I'm not clear what you would like put to an end, the drift or this thread? There are good arguments for the answer to be both

Richard

From a moderation perspective sometimes a little 'drift' in threads like this can be very helpful - as it usually takes the heat out of any 'heavy' discussion.  :)

But we're all different - and different things get under our skin and cause irritation - so do understand.

If we close this thread - I can absolutely guarantee that within a short time-span another new thread will emerge on the subject - and around the block we'll go, yet again!

:frantic:

Have fun!

Iain

8 minutes ago, RLWP said:

I'm not clear what you would like put to an end, the drift or this thread? There are good arguments for the answer to be both

Richard

Not I, but the post I replied to. My point was that I trust the admins to control how a thread runs. Off topic, on topic, or anything in between. This is one of the few sites I returned to after a long hiatus strictly because the admins do a great job. 

1 minute ago, lawman56 said:

Not I, but the post I replied to. My point was that I trust the admins to control how a thread runs. Off topic, on topic, or anything in between. This is one of the few sites I returned to after a long hiatus strictly because the admins do a great job. 

Ok, that's clear - and I'm in agreement with you. There has been quite a lot of moderator input in this thread about how they are handling it which I have found helpful

Richard

This whole thread and all threads about WNW are a form of "drift". There is no official update from WNW. Everything said about WNW in these threads is made up stuff, some credible, some fanciful and some crazy. WNW stuff said on forums may seem to be "on topic" but it is still made up. There is a mountain of BS built on an anthill of information. Drift about cars is not taking anyone "away from the truth".

Radu

I did find one useful tidbit as I have been watching this thread for updates, someone above mentioned they got an email that their kits would be shipping.  So I emailed WNW and asked them to email me per their instruction when I could buy a kit or two.  I want to pick up an Albatros or two at a fair price before the whole thing is gone.  I would not mind their last two seater as well.  The Halberstadt.     If the chance does not come I am okay with that.  

From my personal perspective, Ive got everything I need from Sir Peter with the exception of the WnW DR.1.   It seemed so far long in production that it would be a true shame if it never came to light, but I still hold out hope it may come to light until some official word from them tells me differently. 

4 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

From my personal perspective, Ive got everything I need from Sir Peter with the exception of the WnW DR.1.   It seemed so far long in production that it would be a true shame if it never came to light, but I still hold out hope it may come to light until some official word from them tells me differently. 

I don’t see how this kit does not come down the pipe.  Maybe it ends up being a year or two but I bet we get it someday.  It looked to me like sprues and tooling were done from what they were showing.  There is one worst case scenario I can describe based upon real rumor.  Back in the day there was a really great Japanese bicycle parts group call Suntour.  They were kind of legendary and had some unique and high quality features for their time.  They came into distress and wrather than let their hated enemy get the tooling, the owner took a cutting torch to it all.  As long as nothing like that happens or Peter Jackson sticks all the tooling in his basement, this stuff will come around in some manner I believe in most cases.  I think the one’s that risk never seeing the light of day are the Lancaster’s and the other big ones.  Those are more expensive to package and market so I see them as the most threatened.  I know many on hear love the giant birds, but they are also like giant land animals potentially doomed to extinction by their own size.  I just don’t think there is enough of a market for giant super detailed Lancasters, Gothas and Felix Stowe’s to make them viable to issue package and sell kits.  They only work in my opinion as a pet projects for someone with access to money to burn.

If this ends up at auction like some think, imagine being a model company with a shopping list.  The DRI, the Sopwith Camel, the Albatros DV and the fokker DVIIa would all draw lots of interest as they are timeless and highly desirable.  If the tooling is available those will come around.  I have enough to keep me busy so I am not worried about when.   

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Ok I will confess...I visit the WNW site everyday in hopes of an official update. :(

And that is the only sane way to get true information about WNW. I do not believe anything coming from the guys who told us that "WNW will never do a Dr.1" and preface their inane dogma with "Richard said..." 

Radu