Wow... WNW gone....

Markjames1968

Just noticed that Sprue Brothers WnW kit listing has been slashed from 67 the other day (including OOS items), to nine today (only four in stock items, and only three of those are kits) items.  I wonder if that's just them saving disk space or if  it's telling of something else?  I just purchased (last Friday), a Hannover Cl.II (Early), and now they're out of stock on that one too.  I bought it because it comes with the Teddy Bear.... It's a damned ugly airplane as are a lot of WWI aircraft but the teddy bear got me.

Edited by Juggernut
eliminating redundency

26 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

...Hannover Cl.II (Early)... I bought it because it comes with the Teddy Bear.... It's a damned ugly airplane as are a lot of WWI aircraft but the teddy bear got me.

Absolutely right. Wonderful impulse buying. Teddy Bears don't pee, poop, puke or talk back, even during lock-down. Great stuff!

Tony 

My last two ever WnWs just arrived today, the RE-8/ CL-ll. I have one of each already, but I have a Pheon RE-8 sheet with Belgium markings. I also got my Dolphin. I guess it’s Roden from now on unless something changes.

I’m sad for you guys and gals who wanted the WnWs Dr-1, but believe me, thanks to Eduard, Pheon, and Aviattic, Roden can be made into decent Dr-1s. And if Pheon holds true to their promise, you’ll be able to make any Dr-1 that you desire.

Ebay listings for WNW kits right now are a bit low at 72.  It's usually around the low 100s (I look all the time).

Prices have definitely shot up already.  

I think this will be temporary.  I still believe that WNW supply exceeds demand.  Lots of folks buy and store these kits, but few actually build them.

I think prices will come back down.

And when WNW resurfaces under new ownership, the whole situation will change again, back to MSRP type prices.

46 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

Ebay listings for WNW kits right now are a bit low at 72.  It's usually around the low 100s (I look all the time).

Prices have definitely shot up already.  

I think this will be temporary.  I still believe that WNW supply exceeds demand.  Lots of folks buy and store these kits, but few actually build them.

I think prices will come back down.

And when WNW resurfaces under new ownership, the whole situation will change again, back to MSRP type prices.

My search pulled about 430, but there are certainly decals and other items included.