Wow... WNW gone....

Markjames1968

On 4/20/2020 at 2:41 PM, Dave Williams said:

Yea God's they went fast. I have been regularly checking Hannant's wholesale site over the last 72hrs and you could literally the stock levels dropping in real time. Never seen anything like it.

Now just take the time to think that WnW just restarts operations in some weeks. I'm wondering where all those kits bought in panic mode will go... Ebay? Whatever will be the conclusion of that soap opera, it will be very interesting to see what will occur in two or three months... Wait and see... 

6 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Now just take the time to think that WnW just restarts operations in some weeks. I'm wondering where all those kits bought in panic mode will go... Ebay? Whatever will be the conclusion of that soap opera, it will be very interesting to see what will occur in two or three months... Wait and see... 

My purchases will go into the list to get built, but that's just me.

Matt 

1 hour ago, BiggTim said:

I've been watching a bunch of WnW kits on ebay since before this hit, and two of the Fokker D.VII (fok) #32011 kits sold yesterday for 225 and 235. That's up about 100 bucks since the last sale about a week ago. It has begun...

Dang!  Might be time to bust a move on offloading some.

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Dang!  Might be time to bust a move on offloading some.

Most of the sold prices I have seen have gone up about 30-50% across the board, but those two really struck me. I expect we'll see more of that.

5 hours ago, BiggTim said:

Most of the sold prices I have seen have gone up about 30-50% across the board, but those two really struck me. I expect we'll see more of that.

And it's definitely the Fokker variant that seems to be going up the most. I was watching an estate auction last week. The Alb boxing of the D.VII went for $110, but the Fokker boxing went for $190.

Matt 

It is interesting that the DVII Fokker built version first boxing does seem to be in higher demand - I wonder why that is so. It does have nice decal options and box art but so do the others. Personally it is the OAW version that floats my boat - I would love to build all five decal schemes provided in that one; now I sorta wish I had bought enough copies to do just that :)

Well hopefully they do see production again someday - seems like such a loss otherwise....

Reminds of the profiteer in Adelaide who bought 150 x 32 pack toilet paper (that's 4,800 rolls...) and 150 litres of hand sanitiser for about AU$10,000 at the beginning of the First Great Panic before the Great Hiding...

Then tried to return them for a full refund after not being able to sell them on eBay...

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/15/hoarder-tried-return-132-packs-toilet-rolls-150-bottles-hand-sanitiser-12558946/

There's a message there...

Edited by Peter Browne

11 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Doesn't look like that will happen, this may be old news to some, but the closure appears to be for good, with the whole team, including the designers and General Manager being made redundant on the 15th April.  Note that the WNW site is not taking any further orders, which would be inline with legal requirements for insolvency.  This update on the Hyperscale forum was posted on the 17th April...how fast things can happen.

http://www.hyperscale.com/wnwupdate_1.htm

Edited by Peter Browne
Words, just words

2 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

The few I have are for building... 

Yes, me too: four in the stash, one on long-term hold while I summon up the will to rescue a bit of a disaster.