Wow... WNW gone....

Markjames1968

1 hour ago, Pup7309 said:

I counted 5, but 3 are locked

Well, there's this one that you are reading now.

Then this one:

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/84655-wnws-rumor/

Then this one which is still going:

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/84582-highly-disappointed/

Looks like 3 to me that are still current not including the other ones that got locked.

:D

5 minutes ago, Brian Mikulencak said:

Can Sir Peter send me a lanc to review, he has 3 why not?

There's hope, and there's blind hope Brian!  ;)

I'd saved my pennies for one - and I still believe I'll get one - one day, and perhaps under a different brand - but I'm quietly hopeful.

Iain

Guest Vincent

I must say that i will not miss them.

In any case, the molds are in China where they got produced and most likely all already injected parts are there too. Might even be that they never legally "owned" the molds so the company having them might even restart production with their own new brand

Edited by Vincent

Guest Vincent
36 minutes ago, SimonCornes said:

As long as the highest bidder during the carve up doesn't want the moulds for their scrap value, ie to melt down!!!

No chance

The cost of making these molds is quite important and some "new" kit companies never fully own them. So they will be available for whoever wants to pay a rerun. Their chinese owners would not get back anything near their value if they scrap them. They will be available for use, just remember Accurate Miniatures. The molds never left their original injection site

Edited by Vincent

Again, wait for an official announcement indicating clearly the end of WnW. We have many messages, hints and rumors but as far as I'm correctly informed nothing formal, nor official. I do not know the specific NZ case but in most countries when a company enters in liquidation mode, a statement is published on the website (more particularly when it is used for sales) or it is simply put offline. It looks this is not (yet?) the case. 

4 minutes ago, Vincent said:

No chance

The cost of making these molds is quite important and some "new" kit companies never fully own them. So they will be available for whoever wants to pay a rerun. Their chinese owners would not get back anything near their value if they scrap them. They will be available for use, just remember Accurate Miniatures. The molds never left their original injection site

Thank goodness for that! 

Based on the number of kits produced I'd imagine that the Albatros D.V, Camel and Fokker D.VII moulds would be more 'worn' than most in view of the number if variations offered by Wingnut but I can't recall ever seeing any sign of flash on a Wingnut sprue so the moulds should be good.

I suppose there are lots of possibilities - limited runs of the more desirable kits at exhorbitent prices maybe? Or maybe high volume production at the 'cheap as chips' price bracket?

I wonder how much it costs to do a run of, say, 2,000 kit sets of a single seater ? It retails at $79 so that $158,000 at retail prices. I don't know what the manufacturer would charge Wingnut, maybe half that? Then there's boxes, instructions and decals. Maybe $100,000? And that's just one kit. Very serious money though and limited market if you wanted to get a return on your investment. I suppose Wingnut ordered 2,000 kit sets of sprues but then only sorted out boxes , instructions and decals when the decal options were decided on so there may well be a lot of kit sets of plastic for many of the range, even those which 'sold out'  The mind boggles when you look at the numbers!! 

I guess we will just have to be patient and see what happens next!

I've been watching a bunch of WnW kits on ebay since before this hit, and two of the Fokker D.VII (fok) #32011 kits sold yesterday for 225 and 235. That's up about 100 bucks since the last sale about a week ago. It has begun...

22 hours ago, Tony T said:

The Albatros has gone again, thereby again removing the key WnW hook that's been dangling near me for years.

I hope to get one before I snuff it, and an SE5a

Tony 

Tony,

As I had a wholesale account with Hannant's for many years now I managed to get hold of some of the recently re-released Albatros kits in the plain(ish) brown boxes a couple of months go. I placed an order in early February before we heard about the closure and intended to sell them off to local club members and anyone else that wanted one.

Although I do run this as a business, I have a full time job in the NHS and therefore don't need to sell them at retail prices (and definitely not at ebay prices). I will be selling them at £65 a pop excluding p&p. if you are interested drop me a line, or send me a message and I can send you a list of what I have and see if your interested. The only issue is that I am mullered at work (as you would expect at the moment) and hardly have a few hours off, let alone a day off and cannot currently get to my storage facility to retrieve them. However, if you are willing to wait a few weeks let me know.

Regards,

Gary