Wow... WNW gone....

Markjames1968

38 minutes ago, Fred Jack said:

Hannants and Sprue Brothers still have Albatroses. I was able to get my Dolphin from Sprue Bros and my RE-8/ CLll from Hannants. I wanted another RE-8 because I had gotten the Pheon Belgium markings for one. I do have another one in my stash, but I do also want one with British markings. I guess this is a blessing in disguise, since I no longer have to find room for an 0/100 or an 0/400.

As of now, Sprue Brothers has no Albatross kits....all sold out.  They still have Albatross decals but no kits.

How come  the Gotha G1's aren't going?  I noticed both are still in stock at Sprue Brothers?  Is it not a well-liked aircraft or is it the price that's holding people off ($199)?

Edited by Juggernut

12 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

As of now, Sprue Brothers has no Albatross kits....all sold out.  They still have Albatross decals but no kits.

How come  the Gotha G1's aren't going?  I noticed both are still in stock at Sprue Brothers?  Is it not a well-liked aircraft or is it the price that's holding people off ($199)?

That was quick. Last night they were still listing Albatroses and Pfalz kits.

38 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

It isnt out yet, so since Im not sure it ever will be, Im not sure if I get to count it.................

57ACA640-A00F-422C-B47B-B3F5E6A87696.jpe

I’m in the same boat.  According to my kit spreadsheet, I’ve got 46 WNW kits, but the DR.1 is the one I’m really waiting for.

16 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

I suspect a bit of both.  It’s pretty expensive, plus it’s a fairly esoteric plane, especially the floatplane version.

The Albatros is going to be released sans decals, WnW's have plenty of kits in stock, Peter Jackson has an ample supply of sky blue underpants, and there is going to be a relaxation of restrictions in NZ next Monday.

57 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

It isnt out yet, so since Im not sure it ever will be, Im not sure if I get to count it.................

57ACA640-A00F-422C-B47B-B3F5E6A87696.jpe

Yep, seen it in the flesh as well as the 0/400 and Lanc....

Mine would be the Fokker VII's, I was late to the show on those, I have the early and the Goering machine.

16 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Mine would be the Fokker VII's, I was late to the show on those, I have the early and the Goering machine.

Same here, sort of. While I've been patiently (very patiently) waiting for the Dr.I, I did manage to snag at least two D.VIIs along the way, but certainly want to add a couple more to my pile.

My take is that there should be far more lamenting over the Lancaster being hurled into oblivion than over an Albatross or Fokker showing up on Ebay for a gazillion dollars...

I was winded when reading the fist report. Feels like losing a close friend to a terrible accident.

Yes I wanted one very badly.

19 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

I got the late Halberstadt from Hannants last week, traded it for a 24 pack of Andrex' finest. 

Hannants also list their future releases as available in 20??, so they obviously know something and are refusing to say, no doubt that's the real reason they're not answering phone calls. 

I'm sure 5G's got something to do with it, but waiting for next door's cat to get back to me, after she's had a word with Dave the Squirrel, who was once an extra on The Hobbit. 

they had the Halbertsadt Early going for £85 a few days back - ironic given it's probably the only time i;ve ever seen Big H with a proper 'wow' discount, and probably the only time it definitely wasnt required!

out of interest, the WNW website still looks normal - where is the 'we are shut' message etc?