Wow... WNW gone....

Markjames1968

While some have wondered about the fate of the Wingnut Wing moulds, it just occurred to me there is a more immediate question. The 1/32 Lancaster kits were due out in the first quarter of 2020. It is now April. Since these kits obviously just wouldn't magically appear overnight, there must be a warehouse full of them ready to go. Hopefully they will not be trashed and will eventually be retailed at a fair market value.

I suspect all of their existing kits are warehoused somewhere and there may be a total inventory of some size.  If the Lancaster’s were at the point where they were being molded and boxed then they could be warehoused also.  I don’t think we had any indication though other than their intended release date that these were in production and no telling if they had made it that far along or not.  We shall see in time.  I think if they exists though they will be sold into the market personally.

Edited by cbk57

Grief8 - I don’t know where in the world you are but take a look at Hannants website. They still have approx 200+ WNW kits in stock, although they have been rapidly reducing in numbers in the last 24 hours alone. They are still showing 20+ Sopwith Triplanes in stock at the standard retail price; might want to take a look, as I have no idea how long it will be before they have gone (any/all Albatros kits literally went in the last 24 hours).

4 minutes ago, Redcap1960 said:

Grief8 - I don’t know where in the world you are but take a look at Hannants website. They still have approx 200+ WNW kits in stock, although they have been rapidly reducing in numbers in the last 24 hours alone. They are still showing 20+ Sopwith Triplanes in stock at the standard retail price; might want to take a look, as I have no idea how long it will be before they have gone (any/all Albatros kits literally went in the last 24 hours).

They have 200+ kits, but only 10 different kits.  I don’t see the Triplane among those 10 kits.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?product_category_id=102&product_division_id=0&scale_id=0&product_type_id=0&manufacturer_id=362422&search_direction=asc&keyword_search=

4 minutes ago, Redcap1960 said:

One of my latest emails from Hannants said they'd been emptied of stock and they'd be putting up their 'damanged boxes' stock up soon.

0SMGvwK.jpg

Speaking of Hannants email newsletters, are they always just a massive blob of text for everyone else?

e.g.: This malformed rubbish:

gyZoMqp.jpg

1 hour ago, Grizly said:

While some have wondered about the fate of the Wingnut Wing moulds, it just occurred to me there is a more immediate question. The 1/32 Lancaster kits were due out in the first quarter of 2020. It is now April. Since these kits obviously just wouldn't magically appear overnight, there must be a warehouse full of them ready to go. Hopefully they will not be trashed and will eventually be retailed at a fair market value.

Peter Jackson mentioned, in a pm thanking me for the recent review of the Hannover I wrote, that he's received three of each of the production Lancaster kits.

12 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Peter Jackson mentioned, in a pm thanking me for the recent review of the Hannover I wrote, that he's received three of each of the production Lancaster kits.

Maybe he'll put two on eBay.....:D

33 minutes ago, Subodai said:

Speaking of Hannants email newsletters, are they always just a massive blob of text for everyone else?

So what do you want? Moulin Rouge line up of dancing girls? Laser light show? Disneyesque firework display? 42 gun salute? What?!

36 minutes ago, Subodai said:

e.g.: This malformed rubbish:

gyZoMqp.jpg

Looks fine to me.  Short as it needs to be, gives the necessary information.  I can't see what you're seeing, of course, but the email version looks fine, and so does that one above on my PC screen.

I've got most of the WnW kits I really wanted especially the big twins but was surprised how quickly the Hannants stock disappeared over the weekend. At some point Wingnuts will reopen the online shop and we will have one last chance to buy what is left at the moment and then its wait and see. 

I so so wanted an HP 0/100 so gutted ad it looked just amazing at Telford last year as did the Lanc and DR.1

Regards. Andy 

The Albatros has gone again, thereby again removing the key WnW hook that's been dangling near me for years.

I hope to get one before I snuff it, and an SE5a

Tony 

59 minutes ago, Tony T said:

The Albatros has gone again, thereby again removing the key WnW hook that's been dangling near me for years.

I hope to get one before I snuff it, and an SE5a

Tony 

Hannants and Sprue Brothers still have Albatroses. I was able to get my Dolphin from Sprue Bros and my RE-8/ CLll from Hannants. I wanted another RE-8 because I had gotten the Pheon Belgium markings for one. I do have another one in my stash, but I do also want one with British markings. I guess this is a blessing in disguise, since I no longer have to find room for an 0/100 or an 0/400.