Wow... WNW gone....

Markjames1968

This topic isnt about the much discussed alleged disappearance of the company but that overnight(literally) almost all WNW kits have vanished from Ebay (uk) theres about 4 or 5 actual kits there right now... its my goto place for getting them so Im used to seeing many many kits there for sale.(the ones that are left have increased in price substantially aswell....

i wonder if they have panic sold like toilet roll and spaghetti in the UK or if vendors have pulled them to allow them to accrue (percieved) value....

If I was a store owner with some decent stock ... I'd be pulling them ... wait for the prices to skyrocket and make some serious coin later WNW kits have always tended to skyrocket in value.

Rog :)

I got the late Halberstadt from Hannants last week, traded it for a 24 pack of Andrex' finest. 

Hannants also list their future releases as available in 20??, so they obviously know something and are refusing to say, no doubt that's the real reason they're not answering phone calls. 

I'm sure 5G's got something to do with it, but waiting for next door's cat to get back to me, after she's had a word with Dave the Squirrel, who was once an extra on The Hobbit. 

WNW will have a bunch of inventory they are sitting on and can't sell right now, so I would think we will see one more wave of kits for sale at some point.  I just hate to spend money right now.  I have two WNW kits, I would like a couple more but not in mood to spend really any extra money.

Whatever the cause it's just a terrible shame. Some amazingly talented people working for a company that created astonishing model kits.  Their kits created endless excitement and enjoyment in our hobby/work.  It'd be great if things could be turned around and they stayed in business.  Truly gifted and visionary people are worth keeping.

Matty

They seemed to have been going strong. I have a gut feeling that the virus affected the production factory that I heard was in China, although I could be wrong. At least I have what I wanted from them that they actually produced. I can only hope someone else produces the multi-seat planes that they didn’t produce.

Edited by Fred Jack

I still hope to purchase a Camel and Sopwith Triplane; the Camel can probably still be had at a (for me) reasonable price.  I have not yet found a Triplane kit at a price I am willing to pay, perhaps I'll have luck in the future.  I was looking forward to buying a Fokker Dreidecker or two, but that is not likely to happen now.  None of the other kits really capture my interest.