Germany to buy FA-18s – or will we?

Dear fellow modellers,

the rumours that Germany is buying 45 FA-18s (including some Growlers) are becoming more and more frequent. German Defence Secretary Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer (AKK) has just confirmed such considerations.

If this deal is approved I hope to see those FA-18s in an interesting camo scheme. Well, one can hope, now can we?

Cheers

Rainer

3 hours ago, Rainer Hoffmann said:

Dear fellow modellers,

If this deal is approved I hope to see those FA-18s in an interesting camo scheme. Well, one can hope, now can we?

Cheers

Rainer

Rainer, it would be great to see german F18's, but on the camo scheme i "fear" it might be as plain and simple as the Eurofighter's, but ofcourse any other scheme would be very interesting.

Grüße,

Jack

2 hours ago, Cheetah11 said:

Why a carrier aircraft? Are the Germans rebuilding the Graf Zeppelin?:whistle:

It's not about naval aviation, but ECM/EWF (Growler, check) and nuclear capability for NATO obligations (doable by Boing, check). Not to forget to fill the A2G role (check) and to support the Eurofighter in Air policing (and to act as backup in case the Eurofighter fleet is grounded due to flight safety related problems).

It has been written on the wall:

Why do you thing did Revell release an own F-18E model for the German market? :wicked:

Regards

- dutik

12 hours ago, chrish said:

Im sorry, that was meant as humour 

Well, I did understand that. It was also meant as humour when I said that the JG-71 had just converted from the F-4F to the Eurofighter. That was 7 (seven) years ago. And now the Luftwaffe wants to replace a 40 year old fighter with a 38 year old fighter ;-)

Cheers

Rainer

9 hours ago, Jack said:

Rainer, it would be great to see german F18's, but on the camo scheme i "fear" it might be as plain and simple as the Eurofighter's, but ofcourse any other scheme would be very interesting.

Grüße,

Jack

Imagine a Growler in Norm 72 camo ... Just saying.

Cheers

Rainer

2 hours ago, Rainer Hoffmann said:

Well, I did understand that. It was also meant as humour when I said that the JG-71 had just converted from the F-4F to the Eurofighter. That was 7 (seven) years ago. And now the Luftwaffe wants to replace a 40 year old fighter with a 38 year old fighter ;-)

Cheers

Rainer

Maybe because the F/A-18s are not as troublesome as the Eurofighter? I do hope this becomes reality, but I have my doubts.

Lothar

9 minutes ago, Lothar said:

Maybe because the F/A-18s are not as troublesome as the Eurofighter? I do hope this becomes reality, but I have my doubts.

Lothar

Well, but they are meant to replace the Tornados. It seems they want to order another 45 Eurofighters as well.

Rainer