LSP Cockpits

Uncarina

2 hours ago, geoawelch said:

My first post on this forum. The modeling in this thread and on this forum is simply unbelievable.

George

Welcome aboard George.   I'm always in awe of the talent on this site.   I've learned so much since I joined up a few years ago.  

3 hours ago, John1 said:

Welcome aboard George.   I'm always in awe of the talent on this site.   I've learned so much since I joined up a few years ago.  

Thanks John

Recently back to modeling after a many year absence. Primary interest is Japanese WWII aircraft.

George

On 7/25/2022 at 12:46 PM, monthebiff said:

20170519_202039.jpgFw190 F-8 Brassin cockpit with HGW belts

20170518-223703.jpg

20170518_223718.jpg

It's a beautiful piece of resin and a joy to put together.

Regards. Andy 

Wonderful job but one note - is it me or are those seatbelts much too long for the seat?  

• 1 month later...

Thought I might post a few pics of my present build, a Hurricane MkIIc nightfighter which I'm currently building for the Nocturnal Activities group build.  This is the Trumpeter 1/24 kit to which I also have the Trumpy etch set and HGW seat belts.  Plus some parts from a wrecked Airfix 1/24 Hurricane!!  I've also built some of the Hurricane's Warren Truss structure behind the cockpit, and rear wing spar, as some of this can be seen once it's built.

BZaW9e.jpg

O0r3YD.jpg

9QynYQ.jpg

U5psbv.jpg

QFVR3Y.jpg

kfLAU8.jpg

The build is here if you'd like to take a look.

Cheers,

Michael

13 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Michael, 

EXCEPTIONAL workmanship  on your model cockpits.

:bow:

Your build is excellent too.

:clap2:

Don't forget  there is an LSP Engine thread too.

:whistle:   :wicked:

Thank you.  I'm enjoying working on the cockpit on this one, though I don't hold the kit in any sort of high regard.  I was trying to fit the Airfix engine to this, but the shape of the nose makes it a non starter.  The Trumpy kit engine is rubbish, so that has been installed only to hold the propeller on.

Cheers,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't done actual building kits in a while, real life getting in the way, but right this afternoon i visited a modelling event in Belgium, and picked up some Quinta cockpit 3D decal sets which are awesome. They enhance a lot of detailing in a cockpit area and looking at the introduced kits in this thread it is obvious it's a plus in presenting a realistic part of a kit.

Jack