LSP Cockpits

Uncarina

Hey guys while we are talking cockpits. I have a question, when building Jet resin cockpits, are we suppose to glue the sidewall to the fuselage or the tub? 

Ive had issue fitting sidewalls on every single on of the resin cockpits ive ever  built. I tend to try to glue them on the tub. 

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

Hey guys while we are talking cockpits. I have a question, when building Jet resin cockpits, are we suppose to glue the sidewall to the fuselage or the tub? 

Ive had issue fitting sidewalls on every single on of the resin cockpits ive ever  built. I tend to try to glue them on the tub. 

Hate to say it, but "it depends."  Sometimes the fit is better when attached to the tub, sometimes the sidewall.  I generally dry fit everything before I glue, just to see which works out better. 

woooOOoow... what a bunch of beautiful pictures of astonishing works!

well, I try to submit something by me, a long term project still in progress, a Revell Fw190 A6/R11.

kit base tube with Eduard PE panels and scratchbuilt bits. LH side

IMG_4145.HEIC

and RH side

IMG_4147.HEIC

Revell glareshield, Yahu IP with scratchbuilt FuG218 monitor

IMG_4142.HEIC

the long term of this model is caused by the intention of trying to add some elecronics on it. the simplest one will be (if it will work) the cockpit lighting.

IMG_6043.HEIC

the led light is too much cold, so I'm still trying giving it some hot color.

IMG_6052.HEIC

being the lights capable to be set on, I'll need someone to switch these up

IMG_0095.HEIC

this doesn't go along with my habit to do not add pilots in cockpits, and the doubt I have is to obtain a big toy instead a neat little model, but I'll take the risk.

that's it, here we will see perhaps in a not so far future, this completed.

IMG_0090.HEIC

speaking about cockpits, I may not avoid to post here my favorite one. my old loved and never forgotten MD80. here the picture of my last flight on I-SMEL, before she ended her life at the Volandia's museum in Milano Malpensa.

the handwritted (by me, obviously) post under the id plate reads "farewell!"

484e8921-40f8-4a69-8c66-1338f4220c00.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As with the engines, the many excellent cockpits in this thread made me decide to contribute a bit.  This is the cockpit for the WNW Pfalz DXII that I am currently working on.  I added control wires, a couple of copper fuel lines, trigger and throttle cables and some scratch made fuel cocks.  

IMG_3954

IMG_3959

IMG_3963

IMG_3961

IMG_3976

Cheating a bit by showing the engine as well!

Ernest