LSP Cockpits

Uncarina

54 minutes ago, amurray said:

Great work!  Great photos!

Cockpits are my favorite part of aircraft modeling.  I quickly lose interest after the cockpit and it thereafter becomes drudgery.

Man, I'm exactly the opposite. I hate cockpits. I always want to crank them out and move on to the exterior paint. Maybe we should work together? You do the pits, and I'll finish them!!!

I could quite happily build and paint cockpits. I always find my mojo slackening off once I get onto other sub assembly’s. I’m terrible at the end of a build for rushing and ultimately making a hash of undercarriage. I just wanna get it on legs and hang the exploding bits before moving on to the next kit.

ooooh my favourite subject :) I could just build cockpits and be quite happy - I nearly did once - I had the idea to build all the 1/24 scale range to showcase our products at Telford and literally just build each cockpit...

anyways, some sublime work shown here, I am glad there are so many cockpit fans - there is something about it, I am not sure I can put my finger on what draws me in, but it is the first thing I look at in a model, and the first thing I want to do when making one of my own..

I don't have much of a history to show, but these are the best part of 7 years output lol..

1/32 Hobbycraft Sea Fury

a2a_zpskhegk8vc.jpg

a1a_zps92ak6u5o.jpg

1/24 F7F Tigercat - not much to show as I didn't finish it..

a3a_zpsradhehcc.jpg

a5a_zps70hw9tnn.jpg

1/18 Spitfire MkXIV

a8a_zpsyj9owokh.jpg

a10a_zpsbpjycf9n.jpg

a11a_zpshnaifzxs.jpg

1/18 P51C Mustang

a7a_zpsvyosuxzd.jpg

a6a_zpshzinkxjy.jpg

love it! my favourite thread of all time :)

Peter

Civil thread Tom and what a great hreat idea as I'm sure most of us have finished plenty of cockpits but not the rest if the plane it sits in!. So here a a few if mine over the years.

Hs-129

20191229_171814.jpg

Fokker E.I

20190621-142105.jpg

Bf-110 G4

20180302_135055.jpg

20181229_142157.jpg

Ju-87 R2

20150612-210749.jpg

Ju-88 G10

20190518_172244.jpg

Regards. Andy