1/32 Hasegawa Bf 109G-14 Hartmann Double Chevron

Thunnus

Thanks guys! I always dip my clear parts in Future prior to masking.  In addition to filling in any micro-scratches that are left over from polishing, the Future also helps protect the parts from glue fogging.  These parts were in good shape and I didn't do any polishing on them.

Wow, that's one seriously great looking build. Love the winter camo!

This may be heretical but the canopy is way too clean for how that plane must have been on a makeshift field in winter flying most every day. :DodgeBall: But it is indeed remarkably clear. :innocent:

Thanks guys!

9 hours ago, Basta said:

Wow, that's one seriously great looking build. Love the winter camo!

This may be heretical but the canopy is way too clean for how that plane must have been on a makeshift field in winter flying most every day. :DodgeBall: But it is indeed remarkably clear. :innocent:

Ah yes...very interesting point!  Weathering of clear parts is not something that I've attempted.  At this stage in my modeling development, I've invested a certain amount of effort in detailing cockpits AND I prefer to position my canopies closed SO... my goal has been to make the clear parts as clear as possible.

All of the final bits have been added and I've strung the aerial. Which means... this one is done!

JTK-9595.jpg
JTK-9602.jpg

Photos of the completed model have been posted on the Ready For Inspection board...

I would never weather clear parts either.  Too many canopies are fogged up and dirty that you want something that’s unique and hard to do, which is crystal clear.  With a closed canopy, this is even more critical.

Beautiful model John.

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3