1/32 Hasegawa Bf 109G-14 Hartmann Double Chevron

Thunnus

Wow,  nice recovery there John. I think that is the difference between a good and a great modeler....we all get crappy outcomes from time to time, its just the great ones know how to recover to the point of no one even knowing if they didnt say anything.

Thanks guys!  It's funny but the paint lifting is so tantalizingly close to being usable... but it's just too coarse.

Some paint repairs have been made including the one by the black tulip and the one on the port wing. Other areas have popped up but they are getting smaller and less.
IMG-8876.jpg
IMG-8877.jpg

Popped the painted spinner onto the front to give us an idea of where we are headed.
IMG-8881.jpg

Thanks guys!  I think my painting woes are behind me on this one. The decals have been applied.  I've tried to avoid the Hasegawa decals as much as I can since they are a bit thickish.  Luckily, I have lots spares from the multiple Revell 109G-6 and G-10 kits that I've built and also some Eaglecals as well.
IMG-8882.jpg
IMG-8883.jpg

After the decals, the model is given another light gloss coat and then a pastel wash using a brown color.
IMG-8886.jpg
IMG-8887.jpg

IMG-8888.jpg
IMG-8890.jpg
IMG-8891.jpg
IMG-8894.jpg
IMG-8893.jpg
IMG-8892.jpg