1/32 Hasegawa Bf 109G-14 Hartmann Double Chevron

Thunnus

Thanks guys!

Here is the mottling applied to the fuselage sides.
IMG-8585.jpg
IMG-8586.jpg

I did get a little bit of hairspray chipping on the wing roots to materialize.
IMG-8587.jpg

The underwing markings were sprayed using custom-cut masks.
IMG-8588.jpg
IMG-8589.jpg
IMG-8592.jpg
IMG-8593.jpg
IMG-8594.jpg

In order to increase the contrast between the underlying camo and the white overspray, I decided to increase the mottling.  Now I need to figure out which markings would go over the white overspray and which ones were retained from the original scheme.
IMG-8595.jpg
IMG-8596.jpg

Thanks guys!  And yeah, all of this stuff gets covered up eventually by the white.  I made some concessions like not doing the full pre-shade on the top but otherwise, it is a fully complete scheme.

13 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Still following along with this as I have the same kit to do in the same markings from the AIMS sheet and like you trying to work out what markings are from the under camouflage and which ones were added after the white coat. 

Yes!  One could argue that the upper surfaces were completely covered in white and then broken up with grey streaks afterwards.  In some ways, that would be much simpler to execute.

On 6/28/2020 at 4:56 PM, Thunnus said:

The double chevrons and the black tulip are definitely after the white but I'm not sure about the tail swastika.

Given that the reference photos show the balkenkreuz was before the white I reckon you'd be safe to assume the hakenkreuz was too.