1/32 Hasegawa Bf 109G-14 Hartmann Double Chevron

Thunnus

It looks the drop tanks had just as many variations as the aircraft!  No surprise there!  The hex plug adds a little bit of visual interest to the tank  so I'll probably keep it but I'm still wanting to reduce it in size if I can.

The cockpit for the G-14 has been painted.
IMG-7703.jpg
IMG-7715.jpg

Getting close-up shots of the cockpit can be very unforgiving, revealing flaws that you miss in person.  But it is also a very good way to improve one's technique.  I'm a firm believer that good photography can make one a better modeler.
IMG-7704.jpg
IMG-7705.jpg
IMG-7706.jpg
IMG-7707.jpg

Chipping was done with a combination of hairspray (major areas on the seat and floor) and dry-brushing.  A pastel wash and dry pastels added a little more wear.  The few data stencils were from Airscale.  The sidewalls are not yet attached to the cockpit tub so we can get a sideways view into each side of the cockpit... a view that won't be possible when the fuselage sides are glued together.
IMG-7709.jpg
IMG-7711.jpg

The downward view is probably more important since it better approximates the actual view into the cockpit.  This shows the added MW50 gauge and also some sloppy painting on the actuating rods coming out of the throttle quadrant.
IMG-7712.jpg

On the starboard side, you can see the additional gauges near the oxygen regulator that were given the same treatment (Airscale gauge decals and clear plastic dials) as the instrument panel.
IMG-7714.jpg

Guest Vincent

Very nice painting !

One thing that you can still do : all the finer gauge wiring was yellow, not grey. It will add interest in the cockpit ! In particular the wires around the throttle and below and the wires coming out of the radio controls on the floor

4 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Superb cockpit, John! Forgive me if you've already mentioned it, but what colour blue did you use for the oxygen equipment (at least, that's my understanding of what it is)?

Kev

Thanks Kevin... the blue I used for the Oxygen stuff is Tamiya Sky Blue X-14 straight out of the bottle.  I use this color alot for interior details as it shows up much better than darker blues.

4 hours ago, Vincent said:

Very nice painting !

One thing that you can still do : all the finer gauge wiring was yellow, not grey. It will add interest in the cockpit ! In particular the wires around the throttle and below and the wires coming out of the radio controls on the floor

Thank you Vincent! I was questioning whether the interior wiring was yellow or not.  Maybe I'll add some yellow wiring in certain areas like around the throttle.

Thanks to everyone else for their comments!

Thanks for the comment guys.  A bit more work on the G-14 as well...

Can't really tell from the pics but the fuselage has been riveted.
IMG-7720.jpg

Before I glued the port sidewall into place, I painted a few of the wires in yellow to kick up the visual interest per Vincent's suggestion.
IMG-7723.jpg

I also put the seat belts on.  The attachment still needs to be worked out later so I've chosen glue spots somewhat below so I can move the belts out of the way when I have to smooth out the rear deck of the cockpit.
IMG-7724.jpg
IMG-7726.jpg

Since the riveting is done, I've glued the fuselage sides together.  Kinda cool doing this now with nothing else in inside of the fuselage.  I'll attend to the center seam before moving on.
IMG-7731.jpg
IMG-7732.jpg