John1

So.... What is everyone drinking?

Another thread which was already well off on the rails tabled this idea.   In the time of global strife, what is everyone drinking to "take the edge off"?

My newfound love are Gin and Tonics.   I'm a yuuuge fan of Hendricks Gin and recently discovered the wonders of a cucumber garnish when I was served a G&T in Munich a few months back.  Really is superior to the limes I used to use.   Great stuff, especially as the days get warmer.  If anyone has recommendations for another gin, let me know, always up for trying something new. 

90612840_10215151018960142_6059271399418101760_n (1)

On the beer front, I just scored a couple of 6 packs of Augustiner Helles.  An amazing beer I discovered in Munich.  Hard to come by in the US but so worth it.  For hot summer days, I'll drink a local brew, Mayflower IPA.   

Cheers lads! 

My usual poison. White rum(captain Morgan's) and coke and tons of red wine! 

I want to take a moment of silence to thank all of these bottles that have given their delicious liquid to support me in fighting sanity in these isolation times!!! 

Try these gins;

If you like oranges.... Tanqueray Flor de Savilla

If you like raspberries.. Gordons Premium Pink

Now i used to like whisky and my tipple of choice would either be a nice Jura or a Cardhu. But i can't really handle it now so i drink Parrot Bay coconut white rum.

Beer wise..... oooo something i learned to love whilst in Germany. Hoegaarden weiss bier

6 minutes ago, Iain said:

That looks sooo good John.

Very useful in the fight against malaria too I believe!

Have run out of gin now...  :(

Iain

Given that an anti-malarial drug is potentially of use to treat COVID, I think G&T's may provide some additional protection as well.  At least that is what I tell my wife! 

I do like a nice scotch but I don't drink it often.  Aside from a very rare rum and coke we pretty much just do a glass of wine or a beer on a hot day, so a case of beer here in Canada can last a whole year! LOL

Scotch all the way for me but went to buy some this evening and was struggling as people in the UK are just going mad for everything and anything on the supermarket shelves again.

Cardhu is my favourite blended but fir a really nice nightcap you cannot beat a nice Balvenie single malt.

Regards. Andy

Liqour stores are closed here for the lockdown, so aside from some places which seem to be delivering, we are restricted to the beer and wine you can buy in the supermarket in NZ. Probably for the best really.