MiG-23 MF TRUMPETER

IrekM1

Thanks to all commenters and viewers. Finally, I put the bottom shelf in place and the aggregates with elektronics under it. It's so tight in a real plane and the same situation got my the model. The shelf consists of 95 elements. In addition, there are aggregates and platforms for their assembly, a total of 74 additional elements and my satisfaction that it is behind me. Setting the right heights and sizes without plans was quite a challenge, the more so because I had to set it all up with the shelf at the top. Photos of the finished element and how it was made will appear in the next post after the final adjustment.

Photos:

Shelf 95 elements

HGiwDoN.jpg

nvamGYt.jpg

oU5QEXN.jpg

lpv7sfd.jpg

finished

9Vrc3CB.jpg

QSaOhEc.jpg

yKKpc1T.jpg

Ra0sdqP.jpg

photos of original elements of plane

uXmnoYD.jpg

mVSbbfP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OQm03rh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, another step on the way to the end of the etażerka - it consists of 151 elements plus 5 elements base on which it is mounted. This element is part of the SZAFIR 23 radar station with the ASP-23D airborne sight - A team used to detect and target air and ground targets.

Oryginal elements

XlUZ87X.jpg

7asme8k.jpg

KgsYkP5.jpg

8Dqodm7.jpg

photos of elemet

UrqaxIi.jpg

U44y0KZ.jpg

cRQW5aa.jpg

5vvkkMR.jpg

hSdpvlO.jpg

LaH2E9P.jpg

after painting

fSjbAnY.jpg

8PbQwH3.jpg

Lmh5lxf.jpg

inside of luk etażeka

real photo

uXmnoYD.jpg

model

empty

AL66WgJ.jpg

with my element

cmQAjxR.jpg

• 1 month later...

It's time for another update and more aggregates are hitting the place. The challenge was to make the crossbars to strengthen the hull, because I had to keep the right angles, heights, make handles for mounting the shelves for aggregates and mounting screws. The shelf was created by embossing it from a baking sheet from a cake mold. This is how I added another 63 elements..

Bar:

sS0IWMz.jpg

Rm3aJZD.jpg

in the hull:

WZdHT8S.jpg

cDqe0GO.jpg

other elements:

aPYppL3.jpg

8xgalXt.jpg

mW6ZQxb.jpg

qaocYmh.jpg

UVSlEsd.jpg

the emergence of a shelf is nothing difficult. First, I prepared a form on which I put the sheet from a cake mold. I did the initial embossing with an ear toothpick. Then, with the help of a "complicated" device made of a wooden toothpick, I sharpened the edges of the oblong holes. The next step was to cut the toothpicks by trial and error so that there was a slight play between the mold and the toothpick die, so that round holes could be extruded. The rest is only time. You have to remember about the right pressure so as not to make holes or cracks in the foil. In order to stiffen the structure of the shelf, I glued two moldings, and I removed the embossed edge from one. It is a very precise operation so that after gluing the joint cannot be seen. Then I glued the elements together with super glue. Then I cut off the excess material from the edge. Super glue stiffened the edge very well and the element was carefully polished to the desired shape. This is how a fairly rigid element was created, which will receive appropriate aggregates. Of course, I designed everything by myself in Corel based on photo documentation. I added the appropriate aggregates under the shelf.

yxK5OX5.jpg

HwStFjf.jpg

ready element

Ootio2H.jpg

SdehnrU.jpg

test position in the fuselage:

6Iw908h.jpg

NAKnAv7.jpg

I'm slowly making other aggregates - a test of what I'm currently working on:

xELGo9g.jpg

JcEFL3s.jpg

Edited by IrekM1

• 5 months later...

Well, the end of the year until the time of summaries and farewells. That's why after making 3305 elements, that's what I got out of my notes, and there's definitely more The model has about 6 thousand elements. 

Time for photos:

Floor

the plane

JAREyfu.jpg

the model

9vE2nno.jpg

oZdf8B4.jpg

4EBBe6k.jpg

a7pCppZ.jpg

YomOQ1O.jpg

126 elements

qObYWgh.jpg

lV5bXSE.jpg

0R9xEJr.jpg

fRPdEIp.jpg

PHwRSnt.jpg

GcCmgHp.jpg

PeA2R5n.jpg

yCy8J8S.jpg

front of the wall:

p4ncdZ3.jpg

RRh1DtP.jpg

the model:

429jQ6N.jpg

bVCzraj.jpg

0ysedB3.jpg

QFuzBhL.jpg

U4qAouz.jpg

MYFle2y.jpg

tyY73lI.jpg

rear shelf and here it should be noted that individual planes could look different. Mine looks like the original plane number 460

9BmPf7Z.jpg

5J4bI2e.jpg

iP99ip7.jpg

in 460

sNkCM9g.jpg

IfdcMff.jpg

uhZymn8.jpg

the model

sS0IWMz.jpg

WZdHT8S.jpg

Bw2Heh3.jpg

hOQbEc1.jpg

aggregates before add wireles

MxmkeiH.jpg

hqDIJPB.jpg

mOfCVkV.jpg

Ja6c5pn.jpg

IhxRhLo.jpg

PGXyUeP.jpg

completted

8AwQvHP.jpg

EIpCjbq.jpg

zv1Jfr8.jpg

I'm starting putting everything in its place. 

PdyoQgp.jpg

very small foot consists with 14 elements

n3qCNNm.jpg

on the model

dLdwci7.jpg

ueWWP8O.jpg

twme6tu.jpg

fUQtFF1.jpg

Next step -hatches where the sash hides when folding and the entire mechanism of controlling the variable geometry of the wings. Trained eyes have already seen the actuators. I will draw everything on graph paper and only after planning and drawing will I start assembly so as to touch the model as little as possible

3GztHxP.jpg

9rhRy0y.jpg

Jkev2cj.jpg

Edited by IrekM1

So we continue the thread and I direct the work to the niches where the wings were hidden. The assumption is to make a recess on one side open and on the other it will remain closed. The first work is to make the covers. She managed to do one side - it's a long work on the prototype, the second should go much easier.

Reference photos:

jxoULuv.jpg

2oxRW8t.jpg

1b3SLrJ.jpg

bDZRTQx.jpg

GXlSIcd.jpg

In the model I added 27 elements. The further of elements were glued and at the end the so-called halves were put together. I had to glue it carefully so that it was evenly connected to each other. Fortunately, it worked and didn't have to be done all over again

before gluing

wrehXbF.jpg

after gluing and processing, together with covers closing the recess in the leaf

af3Dr25.jpg

yT4th4n.jpg

in the model

U76h9ee.jpg

LR3IU9A.jpg

AfayQHe.jpg