Finnish Fokker D.VII

NGBZ

Wingnut Wings Fokker D.VII (Alb) converted to an OAW built plane 1.D.357 which flew as part of the Finnish Airforce with Ilmailuosasto 1, Utti airfield, November 1923. Decals are from AML while the skis are scratchbuilt along with the new panel where the guns are normally fitted..  Brass tipped prop is from the spares box with a new screen fashioned from acrylic sheet, radiator grill from RB Productions and the plane was painted with acrylics and weathered with oils and enamels.

c0DfITn.jpgmDP5MPO.jpgj0RuKmW.jpg3nwIRoI.jpgczj03b8.jpg2ZJHu2V.jpg1zVoCGv.jpgdnvSy6l.jpgX0NmSKx.jpgtA8eA7T.jpg4oqJH2k.jpgLce9z04.jpgIBBFLIw.jpgTb9TArI.jpgirc561w.jpgLz7m56p.jpg

Gary

Thanks dutik.

I went with the recommended F.S. colours that were on the AML sheet. 35045, 24098, 35526 and 10032 - matching them as best I could to the Mr Hobby/Tamiya range.

Gary

58 minutes ago, NGBZ said:

Thanks dutik.

I went with the recommended F.S. colours that were on the AML sheet. 35045, 24098, 35526 and 10032 - matching them as best I could to the Mr Hobby/Tamiya range.

Gary

Thank you! Well, I've tried this before (have the decal set in my stash), but this went nowhere. The paint manufacturers have very different ideas about one and the same F.S. number. Same F.S. number made by different brands look like totally different colors. Do you remember which Tamiya and Mr.Hobby colors you have used? The blue might be XF-23 light blue, the brown XF-79 (linoleum deck brown), but I have no clue about the green and the dark blue.

Regards

- dutik

• LSP_Ray changed the title to Finnish Fokker D.VII

These colors are much more pale than some illustrations suggest and I think you have done them perfectly well. This lighter coloring would fit in well over a snow covered but thawing landscape. Just amazing work.

Tnarg