"Houston...we've had a problem"

Indeed....failure wasn't an option, that was a huge effort to get the crew back safe and sound, and on the other hand cooperation of all concerned made it possible in an efficient way that no-one ever exected to be succesfull.........

Look up that Netflix "mockumentary" with a similar name for some insane entertainment of how the US purchased the Yugoslav space program back in the day. OK, maybe it doesn't deserve to be mentioned along with the incredible invention, creativity and bravery of those involved in the real deal but it was pretty funny.

Tnarg

9 hours ago, dutik said:

The movie was today on air in Germany. Yep, that was really a very huge effort to bring that tin can home with the crew well and alive.

Regards

- dutik

My wife and I watched it last night.  It was probably the 6th or 7th time I have watched the film and I have enjoyed it each time.  Very well done movie. 

Never understood why Revell didn't do a 1:32 LM to go with their CSM kit.... There is a rather impressive paper model sometimes on eBay, and I did download a very tidy 3D CAD model from the interweb, I really ought to scale it and print it sometime!  

Tim

23 hours ago, wunwinglow said:

I really ought to scale it and print it sometime!

No doubt you are one of those people (like me) still sat in front of a screen working whilst your neighbours are entertaining the children in the garden...

Otherwise, you'll be needing an excuse.:whistle:

:D

43 minutes ago, Kirk said:

No doubt you are one of those people (like me) still sat in front of a screen working whilst your neighbours are entertaining the children in the garden...

Otherwise, you'll be needing an excuse.:whistle:

:D

No, I got furloughed til the end of May, then who knows what! Currently sitting in my shed, getting a home based business up and running just in case the news isn't good, while watching my wife playing with my granddaughter in the garden! So, pretty close, all in all!!

On 4/13/2020 at 3:06 PM, wunwinglow said:

getting a home based business up and running just in case the news isn't good

My theory is that the world will always want people who are able to create things - so perhaps keeping your hand in with a scaled up LM would a) be a good antidote to all the business setup headaches and b) look good on your CV!!

(I can't vouch for this approach, alas. I walk past my part built 1:24 Harrier every day and think, "I wish I had time to get back to that..." - words I doubt anyone uttered in mission control when they were trying to rescue Apollo 13.) :)