F-16 weapons decals?

curiouslysophie

Hello and sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

I recently got the Tamiya F-16 to try a modern jet for a bit of a change. As usual the decals are terribly thick and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good set for the weapons in particular? I got some decals for the plane itself.

If anyone has any recommendations on aftermarket for this kit as well, I’d be all ears :) 

Ideally I’d like to locate some decals in the UK due to the shipping problems with the worlds current situation.

Thank you!

Two Bob's have several decal sheets dedicated to missiles. 

Hannants carry them so that should make things easier for you.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=8246&code=&product_type_id=&scale_id=953&keyword_search=&setPerPage=25&currency_id=

Carl

I will order those, thanks for the advice!

Another few quick questions, if you’ll indulge me please;

Is the Aires Exhaust nozzle a lot better than the kit one? 

Are there any fabric seatbelts available for this kit?

Are there any aftermarket kits considered ‘essential’ for this kit, like cockpit or ejection seat?

I have the Eduard interior and exterior PE sets, and the master static discharges and pitot sets. I’m just wondering if anyone recommended any other sets?

thank you :) 

I’ve gone for pretty much the same bits and pieces as you’ve got listed. I’ve got the Eduard cockpit etch as a back up to my dodgy painting skills. I’ve got the Anyz generic cockpit markings set for adding instrument placards and whatnot. I’ve got their switches and dials sets too should I need them. I’ve also just got one of the new True Details ejection seats with moulded on belts. A bit pricey for such a small item but very nice looking. I’ve only seen Eduard etch belts. I forget if they are the old kind or newer ‘steel’ style which are a bit more pliable. No HGW types that I’ve seen though. 

11 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

I’ve gone for pretty much the same bits and pieces as you’ve got listed. I’ve got the Eduard cockpit etch as a back up to my dodgy painting skills. I’ve got the Anyz generic cockpit markings set for adding instrument placards and whatnot. I’ve got their switches and dials sets too should I need them. I’ve also just got one of the new True Details ejection seats with moulded on belts. A bit pricey for such a small item but very nice looking. I’ve only seen Eduard etch belts. I forget if they are the old kind or newer ‘steel’ style which are a bit more pliable. No HGW types that I’ve seen though. 

I have the markings from Anyz, they are incredible! I was thinking of getting the dials and switches.

I was thinking of just sticking with the kit seat, none of the aftermarket ones seem to add much from pictures I’ve seen.

7 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Alas, there is no fabric belt for jets...:crying:

Ah shame! Hopefully they come along soon. Tamiya give the fittings for the belts and I still have plenty of scrap fabric left from other sets, I might try to make my own.

Regarding the release of specific fabric belts sets for jets, I'm fed up waiting for them for many years...

Accordingly, I prefer relying on the scratchbuilding approach with lead foil strips or very fine fabric. By the way, a good source of very fine fabric is some clothes labels. Unfortunately, close to all producers of photoetched 1/32 modern buckles have disappeared (Verlinden, Reheat and a small company in Hungary). As far as I know, Renaissance in France is the last producer of such items. So, the choice is alas rather limited.