Wingnut Wings - The End?

NGBZ

If a business wanted to improve cash-flow for any reason, one way of doing so would be to offer boxes of 12 of a kit, in stripped-down overtrees style, at a good discount.

But has anybody bought one of those from WNW? Twelve is too much, even for me.

2 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

There are two words in 'model company' and actually, love ot or hate it, the most important one is not 'model'... ;-) 

This is a money issue, not a hobby or passion question... 

Wait and see before turning into speculation circles. 

You are speculating it's a money issue.

Then advising us not to create "speculation circles"?

I'm not speculating. I'm just stressing the fact it is always a money question in the end. I own a company and knows that finally everything goes to the financial dimension. This is the same for all companies whatever they sell: pens, toilet paper, scale models or hours of loan of brain time... So, it is useless speculating because of the quality of the models, the number of releases, etc.etc. This has nothing to do with the financial health. We have zero clue about that except rumors or remotely-linked facts. So, what is the purpose? 

Dean ...as in not a speculation of the closure .. surely if they were closing for good they wouldn’t publish what they have .. just saying.. would have appeared to have upset you wasn’t the intention.

10 minutes ago, viper said:

Dean ...as in not a speculation of the closure .. surely if they were closing for good they wouldn’t publish what they have .. just saying.. would have appeared to have upset you wasn’t the intention.

No, you've not upset me, don't worry!

6 hours ago, DeanKB said:

He said "Nothing is finalized yet but it looks pretty grim. Very sad. I hope you understand that I have nothing else I can say at this time." - in response to a request for commentary . What email are you referencing?

Dave Johnson, formally warehouse manager, said "This is really sad news, but not a total shock to me at all. If it's going the way things I am being told, it's very sad for all those that have been involved with WNW. I just ask you to keep everyone in your thoughts at WNW that are effected during this shitty time."

Dave W over on WWI forum was a journalist with 50+ years experience. He said  "away from the Forum my day job for 50+ years has been in the news media as a senior journalist. Approaching such a significant topic as this requires gathering accurate information to base an article on. However often the writer, in protecting his sources, cannot disclose who said what to him. I do not publish random rumours."

People close to WNW are saying broadly the same thing. If there was no truth in it, they would say words to that effect. None of them have.

I am not sure what people require to accept what is being said is the truth? A signed letter from PJ himself or a video message??

Richard has said things are grim. I have spoken to some of the team at WNW and I know what's going on. Yes, they are still going through a process, and It's not good news... Time to start accepting it and not be in denial.

25 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

I'm not speculating. I'm just stressing the fact it is always a money question in the end. I own a company and knows that finally everything goes to the financial dimension. This is the same for all companies whatever they sell: pens, toilet paper, scale models or hours of loan of brain time... So, it is useless speculating because of the quality of the models, the number of releases, etc.etc. This has nothing to do with the financial health. We have zero clue about that except rumors or remotely-linked facts. So, what is the purpose? 

WNW are still accepting orders - can people trade with them confidently, safe in the knowledge it will send you the kits you ordered? Or should they refrain and not place your money in danger

Again, this is a matter of money. If you do not trust anymore a seller or a partner, go to another one or a proxy (reseller). The question stays: should you modify your trust level because of gossips, rumors or unclear comments? To me, without some facts, this is just speculation. So, wait and see and in the meanwhile, there are other resellers. 

8 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

It’s not happening. Airfix is going to mould all its kits in India for the foreseeable future. This subject was discussed in an interview with one of the Airfix designers on the Flory Models YouTube channel

https://youtu.be/6DoMnNs4jAw

Is that recent? I can't sit through that man's rambling and spitting on his models when he's rubbing in the slip on panel lines.

I've had an Airfix Sea Vixen on pre-order for thirteen months and if all Airfix production is moving to India we may not see much once Covid-19 hits the sub-continent. That may substantially delay the Vulcan, hence my remark that Airfix should reconsider that policy.

Wing nut Wings and NZ financial subsidy. In the light of firms with plastics moulding technology being asked to produce PPE and parts for ventilators etc it is probably "politically incorrect" in a country like NZ for such resources to be squandered on toy production. WnW might therefore be anxious to furlough its staff and put the company on ice — whether it will be defrosted in the future is another matter.

Tony 

Edited by Tony T
correcting things, which is what edit is used for by literate people