UH-1 Huey 1/24 Monogram

artoor_k

After Grumman F3F-3 it's time for another shelf queen - but not airplane.

Another oldie but again, this kit surprisingly aged as well as F3F (or better)...

Monogram 1/24 Huey is also a big one. There are some signs of aged forms but easy to remove. So let's start...

This thing is a must-have in Vietnam Huey :D

1HEtFzy.jpg

I've removed molded-on seatbelts and made a new ones from aluminium foil and spare buckles. Seat cushions are made of Mr.Surfacer stubbed with stiff brush.

C71Spru.jpg

Some work today...

Surfboard after decals. Little tribute to lt Kilgore hat :)

RY56rs2.jpg

odnLog0.jpg

New troop seat mad with styrene profiles, toothpicks and yoghurt foil :) Seatbels also made of aluminium foil and spare 1/24 buckles.

zBekMNr.jpg

Instrument panel. I've cut out larger instruments from decal, placed them on styrene squares and glued to kit part. Not best but better than flat decal.

8yEDu4D.jpg

Instrument panel from behind. I wasn't sure if it can be seen trough front down glasses but...well...just in case :)

wQgKNKb.jpg

Exhaust pipe was empty. I've done sth simmilar to what I saw on walkaround photos.

BXKH4m5.jpg

Fighting with flash on almost every rotor part :D Funny thing-I was thinking for few hours how to seal a gap between floor and fuselage in troop compartment. When I was checking ceiling and saw the same gap I started to think more intensively  :) Well , if I'll seal these gaps then I won't be able to open doors because this gap is door rail :)

To be serious...it looks awful and maybe I'll be able to make it shallower...

Today I found wire net so I removed kit part and used it in vents in fuselage.

hM0WsEz.jpg

• 3 weeks later...