Hasegawa 1/32 P-47D Thunderbolt.

Jeff T

I've also been working on some bits and pieces like the Landing Gear etc, I try to get as much of these assemblies done so I can concentrate on the main airframe once I start painting it, theres nothing worse than having the bulk of it done, but you've lost interest to finish off all the extras.

Anyway here's some pics of what I have done so far...

Wheels are from Barracuda Studio's.

CmrhJFd.jpg

Tl2tmN0.jpg

mAedI5d.jpg

tRXscJD.jpg

ks31ySq.jpg

1neHCpo.jpg

Wr86o4N.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Edited by JT68

3 hours ago, Citadelgrad said:

Nice work.  There are three Hase P 47s that seem active in works in progress right now.  What paint did you use on those main gear legs?  Looks nice!

Thank you!...the paint on the gear legs is Alclad Aluminium sprayed over Tamiya Grey Primer from the rattlecan.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I think this thing is ready for paint, I find something else that needs attention....I forgot all about the slight sink marks on the wings until I was looking at Citadelgrad's build thread and he mentioned it, so filled them in, then had to re-rivet and re-scribe those areas.

This is where I'm at with it now, attached the windscreen, and had to insert the thinnest piece of styrene strip I had along the Starboard side edge, it just wasnt making contact properly with the fuselage, .....now I just have to put a dab of putty along the join to fill any dips or holes, and neaten it up, then, hopefully I can start getting some paint laid down.

A0nGgtl.jpg

The Eduard 1000 Pound bombs are ready for paint as well.

Enxl2AQ.jpg

dwr30sp.jpg

Thats all for now, thanks for looking,

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Edited by JT68

2 hours ago, Jaro said:

These bombs look very promising. I especially like the delicate look of the fins. Is this a standard or did you have to slim them down?

Hi Jaro, no, I didnt thin anything down , thats how they come standard.Thats what appealed to me, I saw someone elses build using them, and I looked at how thick the kit ones were, and didnt fancy trying to make them look better, so I grabbed a set of them.The fin sections are delicate though, so you have to be careful handling them.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

On 3/21/2021 at 11:10 PM, zaxos345 said:

Awesome work so far Jeff!! Did you encounter any problems with the cowling fitting? Especially any step with the fuselage at the bottom side?? I have seen a lot of builds facing this problem!! 

John

Jeeezzz, very sorry about the late reply John!....I haven't looked at the thread for a few days.

For the Cowling, I did the fix that Rick Kranias shows in his article on Barracuda's site, it seemed to work well, a bit of filing and adjusting and I got it on pretty good.

Here is the link to Rick's fix,

http://barracudacals.com/gallery/index.php/Hasegawa-1-32-P-47D-Thunderbolt-Rick-Kranias-Kensington-MD

Thanks John,

Cheer's,

Jeff.

13 hours ago, JT68 said:

Jeeezzz, very sorry about the late reply John!....I haven't looked at the thread for a few days.

For the Cowling, I did the fix that Rick Kranias shows in his article on Barracuda's site, it seemed to work well, a bit of filing and adjusting and I got it on pretty good.

Here is the link to Rick's fix,

http://barracudacals.com/gallery/index.php/Hasegawa-1-32-P-47D-Thunderbolt-Rick-Kranias-Kensington-MD

Thanks John,

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Thanks a lot Jeff!! 

John