Hasegawa 1/32 P-47D Thunderbolt.

Jeff T

2 hours ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

Great start on a really nice kit!

Do you mind if I ask where you found reference for the rivet placement?

Edited by JT68

Kev, Dennis, Thor, Mike and Woody, thanks a lot for the comments fella's!

Woody, I stuffed up quoting your post by trying to do it on my Ipad, for some reason I just couldn't get it to take any text, I have three books on the P-47, but from memory, I'm sure I used the scale drawings out of the smaller one on the far right in this pic, by Robert Peczkowski, the drawings dont have the name of the publication on them they came out of....I don't know how accurate they are, but it looks a lot better to me than having plain panels.

qBqG5f0.jpg?1

Cheer's

Jeff.

Edited by JT68

On 7/11/2020 at 10:10 AM, JT68 said:

Woody, I stuffed up quoting your post by trying to do it on my Ipad, for some reason I just couldn't get it to take any text, I have three books on the P-47, but from memory, I'm sure I used the scale drawings out of the smaller one on the far right in this pic, by Robert Peczkowski, the drawings dont have the name of the publication on them they came out of....I don't know how accurate they are, but it looks a lot better to me than having plain panels.

Cheer's

Jeff.

Thanks Jeff, much appreciated.

Yea, those Mushroom Publications books (small on the right) might be small but they are excellent reference, and the Aero Details books are classics. TRIVIA: The gentleman who owns Hobby Link Japan used to do the translations for the Aero Details books before he started HLJ. I did some work with him on their F6F Hellcat book. Regardless, love the work you've done on this 'Bolt.

Guest Vincent
On 4/9/2020 at 4:48 AM, JT68 said:

6fjnzmc.jpg

Thats it for now, thanks for looking,

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Wow !

I love to see my work put into so talented hands !

Vincent

Edited by Vincent

12 hours ago, Vincent said:

Wow !

I love to see my work put into so talented hands !

Vincent

Thank you very much for the compliment Vincent!...quality work such as yours makes it easy to paint!

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Edited by JT68

On 7/13/2020 at 6:22 AM, Troy Molitor said:

Nice looking progress so far Jeff.  Thanks for sharing your build with us.  :popcorn:

Thanks a lot Troy!

Cheer's,

Jeff.

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, nmayhew said:

Any updates on this?

Thanks for the interest, but its on the back burner at the moment, lost interest in the build, so I'll take a break from it until the bug bites again.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

• 5 months later...

Well, back into working on this project, and already made more work for myself through stupidity.

I have some brass gun barrels to use for this build, but stupidly glued the wing halves together before setting something up inside as stops for the barrels, so I thought, no problem, I'll just set them in the panel piece and glue them in there before installation.

While test fitting them in the holes of the wing, two of them fell into the inside of the wing, and being impossible to get them out, I had to bite the bullet and cut out a panel section to remove them.After doing this, I then installed the gun barrels at the instructed length's, and cut some plastic strip and glued it at the end of each barrel as extra precaution they dont dislodge and fall back into the wing.I then painted the plastic strip black, so as not to be noticeable through the shell ejection ports....I then glued some angle plastic strip around the edge of the opening to hold the panel in place for glueing back in.

After all this, I thought I'd better do the other wing guns the same incase sometime down the track, they dislodge and fall back into the wing.The gun barrels will get another coat of Alclad paint too, to fix up the chipped paint on them from all this mucking around.

Talk about making things ten times harder than they should be!

Here are the progress pics of the rework.

khlNL6L.jpg

Jlj0JDN.jpg

ktTLLNL.jpg

gAVO2h2.jpg

EtmsSmp.jpg

LNiPJTh.jpg

Now just need to re-scribe and re-rivet.

Cheer's,

Jeff.