Hasegawa 1/32 P-47D Thunderbolt.

Jeff T

Hey all,

Since we've all been ordered to stay at home because of the virus, I thought I might as well start a WIP with my latest build, Hasegawa's 1/32nd P-47D Thunderbolt.I haven't done a WIP for years, so, hope I can keep this one going until the end.

Anyway, here's where I'm up to,...I have riveted the fuselage and wings, started this years ago, so, hope it holds up alright under paint, and have prepared, painted and started to construct the MDC Cockpit set for it.

29q0jGH.jpg?1

0RvRymP.jpg?1

puBQz8D.jpg?1

8SwR34g.jpg?1

6fjnzmc.jpg

Thats it for now, thanks for looking,

Cheer's,

Jeff.

9 hours ago, PeterOlsen said:

Hi Jeff, looks like you're off to a nice start. I like your dark dull green, which colour did you use?

Cheers,

Peter

Hi Peter, I used Gunze No. 302  Green FS 34092.

Thanks again,

Jeff.

Thanks a lot for looking in Craig, Mark and Mike!...cheer's guy's!

Cockpit is finished.

I haven't got a macro lens for my DSLR camera, so its hard to get up close shots, these are the best I could do.

kDmlx7t.jpg

how5b56.jpg

cqg5EfW.jpg

qzqoayc.jpg

Started on the wings...I used to detail wheel wells, but as these never see the light of day, and this model will probably be mounted on a base, I'm not going to bother from now on, a coat of paint with a wash will suffice here.

iyKw65C.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jeff.

Edited by JT68

• 2 months later...

Well, I finally finished construction of the engine, it is the Quickboost one with some detail added with lead and brass wire.

LSP member Juggernut informed me that the Quickboost set had the wrong distributors for the P-47, I needed the "Turtleback" ones, so I modified them to try and look more like the turtleback type.....on this system, the dual magneto is eliminated between the distributors, and blanking plate installed in its place.

Its not 100% correct, but as close as I could get to representing what I think should be there.

Sqi8Gwk.jpg

a7qdIvd.jpg

rA1oADp.jpg

I  thinned out the cowl flaps, and separated them.

lx7cZ1a.jpg

uQbMbzG.jpg

I also thinned out the side scoops, thinned on the left, standard on the right.

kjXP7Tp.jpg

The cockpit is installed in the fuselage, and taped up for painting....riveting is done, hopefully, but its hard to see in this pic.

y6NKsNa.jpg

Thats it for now, thanks for looking,

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Edited by JT68