Tamiya 1/32 JASDF F-4EJ Black Panthers

That is Utterly Gorgeous!  Certainly without a doubt up there with the best Phantoms built on the 'net' 

Your additions, scratchbuilding and attention to detail have been beautifully complimented by a STUNNING paint job and scheme!

Well done, your work inspires me with my own Brit Phantom....thank you!

Cheers Anthony

23 hours ago, AlbertD said:

Amazing. That is an absolutely beautiful Phantom. May I ask what you used for the streaks on the underside? Very effective and realistic. 

Many thanks Albert!

For the underside streaking I used Ubteilung 502 oil paints.

I still have trouble creating this effect but I ended up applying the following technique:

• The surface was matt varnished.
  • Saturated the area with mineral spirits.
  • Placed small spots of oil in a straight line with the length depending on how long I wanted the streaking to be.
  • Then I dabbed over the spots with a blending brush to the point where the oil was still visible and not fully blended into the surface.
  • Then did a few passes over with a flat brush in the direction of airflow to create a light streaking effect.

Not fully convinced it was what I was after and will still need more practice. 

29 minutes ago, spyrosjzmichos said:

Many thanks Albert!

For the underside streaking I used Ubteilung 502 oil paints.

I still have trouble creating this effect but I ended up applying the following technique:

• The surface was matt varnished.
  • Saturated the area with mineral spirits.
  • Placed small spots of oil in a straight line with the length depending on how long I wanted the streaking to be.
  • Then I dabbed over the spots with a blending brush to the point where the oil was still visible and not fully blended into the surface.
  • Then did a few passes over with a flat brush in the direction of airflow to create a light streaking effect.

Not fully convinced it was what I was after and will still need more practice. 

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I just picked up some Ubteilung 502 oils to try for the first time. I'll be using on my F-4J build.