Tamiya 1/32 JASDF F-4EJ Black Panthers

3 hours ago, spyrosjzmichos said:

Hi Petr.

Thanks for the input!

Can I ask which CMK set you took the cannon from? 

I don't mind replacing the kit's cannon but concerned about the current delivery times due to the ongoing situation...

Lovely details with your work by the way! :bow:

Halo,

I have to say, it is good your Job.

I used this:

https://www.specialhobby.eu/finalni-produkty-na-prodej/produkty-na-e-shopu/vlastni-vyrobky/cmk-kits/f-104g-starfighter-gun-bay-set-for-has.html

But there are more companies. Simply, wulcan.

Yes COVID is now an obstacle.:fight:

And thank you for the praise.:bow:

Much success in building.

Cheers

Petr

Edited by CZPetrP
correction

• 1 month later...

Hi all! Finally, back to modelling after a major house move!

Quite a bit progress since the last update.

I joined the cockpit section with the main fuselage body and then glued the lower wing section in place.

Fit was ok for the most part but required a bit of work where the wing meets the intakes.
I replaced the kit's exhausts with Eduard's resin set.

While the set has excellent detail I was disappointed at how badly engineered some parts were. Y

ou're supposed to install spar between the exhaust tubes to help them remain aligned but the sockets were undersized.

In addition, the PE parts were just too big to fit into the tubes. Eventually I decided not use these.
I also spent some time detailing the wheel wells with plastic and lead wire.
More updates to come soon!

OET8Yf.jpg

VDsnSB.jpg

tdjeFD.jpg

L69CTp.jpg

6LyLWx.jpg

9RKKf6.jpg

HD7bP8.jpg

54jgtj.jpg

suDFb9.jpg

LRve5T.jpg

xThagb.jpg

ABQeGj.jpg

WZiPtY.jpg

Hv57Co.jpg

On 5/16/2020 at 2:56 AM, themongoose said:

Just a beautiful job so far. I’m really in love with the work you’ve done on the gun. That is gonna be a highlight of your model!

Thank you! It's a pity I can't expose more of the gun assembly.

Unfortunately, even on the real thing it's difficult to see much due to way the nose is designed.

On 5/16/2020 at 4:17 AM, Uncarina said:

It is so great to see this come together. Can’t wait for paint!

Cheers,  Tom

Thank you Tom! :lol:

Very nice work on the detailing. Like many kits I started the same model with the Wolfpack conversion set. I nearly finished the cockpit and sanding and filling raised panels and some panel lines that should not be there - at that point I ran out of mojo!

You on the other hand are doing a spectacular job and I will follow with great interest.

26 minutes ago, crobinsonh said:

Very nice work on the detailing. Like many kits I started the same model with the Wolfpack conversion set. I nearly finished the cockpit and sanding and filling raised panels and some panel lines that should not be there - at that point I ran out of mojo!

You on the other hand are doing a spectacular job and I will follow with great interest.

Thank you so much for your kind words!

I can totally understand the mojo issue.

Has happened to me several times and it involved some pricey kits unfortunately. It's quite painful but once it hits it's difficult to get over it.

If there's something motivating me about this build is the camo itself as I really want one in my collection.

By the way, how were you able to find the Wolfpack conversion???

I have been searching for it forever and even mailed Wolfpack directly but had no success so far... 

Hey, it’s great to see you back ! I hope your models made it safely through the move. We just did the shifting house thing last Christmas , it can be really stressful.

Lovely work and I wish you all the best for the rest of the build ,

Cheers,

Pete

3 hours ago, spyrosjzmichos said:

Thank you so much for your kind words!

I can totally understand the mojo issue.

Has happened to me several times and it involved some pricey kits unfortunately. It's quite painful but once it hits it's difficult to get over it.

If there's something motivating me about this build is the camo itself as I really want one in my collection.

By the way, how were you able to find the Wolfpack conversion???

I have been searching for it forever and even mailed Wolfpack directly but had no success so far... 

Hi, I actually bought the set when it first came out many years ago. I did start a WIP here but I have checked and it seems to have vanished into the ether. 

This was the set

TTOC16.jpg

I bought this reference when I was in Japan
AqFMF8.jpg
llQQSy.jpg
786PWZ.jpg

I have these spare resin modifications for the wing tips and fin top which came with some Zotz decals for the Kai from years ago
Bfz0Sn.jpg

Where are you based in the world?

2 hours ago, crobinsonh said:

Hi, I actually bought the set when it first came out many years ago. I did start a WIP here but I have checked and it seems to have vanished into the ether. 

This was the set

TTOC16.jpg

I bought this reference when I was in Japan
AqFMF8.jpg
llQQSy.jpg
786PWZ.jpg

I have these spare resin modifications for the wing tips and fin top which came with some Zotz decals for the Kai from years ago
Bfz0Sn.jpg

Where are you based in the world?

I'm so jealous you manage to get the set!

I've come across rumours Wolfpack is considering a re-release but that's that.

I'm actually based in Dubai, UAE.

4 hours ago, PeterOlsen said:

Hey, it’s great to see you back ! I hope your models made it safely through the move. We just did the shifting house thing last Christmas , it can be really stressful.

Lovely work and I wish you all the best for the rest of the build ,

Cheers,

Pete

Thank you Pete! 

Oh my God! It was one stressful experience, especially as it was done amidst the lockdown.

But managed to save most of my models!