Azur Ms 406

gustave venelt

Well Matt, I'm glad it served some kind of use :rolleyes: !

Thanks guys for your very kind words! Once again they really help keep spirits high :)

I had some trouble with my internet connection last night and was unable to get back online.

Guess I'll conclude this build by saying that I had a heck of a great time building this bird...maybe thats why I started another one!

I'll try to write an article on it and post some more pics.

Thanks again for having looked!

post-4-1141753708_thumb.jpg

Finnish, cool color schemes.

I'm finishing the diorama for the Hawk then a 109G-2 of 9/JG 54 in one of their interesting summer color schemes. I've already completed the MDC DB 605 engine. A beautiful kit in itself.

• 14 years later...

Anyone know how to get in touch with Gustave regarding his build of this beautiful MS 406?
I have tried direct messaging and seeing that he was last online here back in 2011 I don't have high hopes for getting a reply.

Just curious about exactly he modified the windscreen and created the glass portions. :)

Thanks for any help!

hi

the issue is not the windscreen that looks too narrow , but rather the fuselage that is too wide , so it needs some surgeries .. I can advise you to contact " waroff " he is the expert with a big E , he will explains you how to get a correct MS 406 

Alain

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.largescaleplanes.com%2Farticles%2Farticle.php%3Faid%3D1879&psig=AOvVaw2VQaqTxbW8PBTMbxX30tVi&ust=1584122224098000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA0QjhxqFwoTCPiZ2KjBlegCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAg

14 hours ago, alain11 said:

hi

the issue is not the windscreen that looks too narrow , but rather the fuselage that is too wide , so it needs some surgeries .. I can advise you to contact " waroff " he is the expert with a big E , he will explains you how to get a correct MS 406 

Alain

Many thanks Alain!

I see that I have some work cut out for me if I want to make a more accurate 406. :unsure:

Will have to ponder this project some more...

4 hours ago, Anders_Isaksson said:

Many thanks Alain!

I see that I have some work cut out for me if I want to make a more accurate 406. :unsure:

Will have to ponder this project some more...

I built some years ago the Azur kit without the needed surgeries , I remember I cut the front windscreen part , glued the two lateral parts in place ( tricky !!)  and glued another front part cut into a clear CD box :innocent: , yes , I agree , a bit too thick... the end justifies the means .. doesn't it :fight:

Alain

23 hours ago, alain11 said:

I built some years ago the Azur kit without the needed surgeries , I remember I cut the front windscreen part , glued the two lateral parts in place ( tricky !!)  and glued another front part cut into a clear CD box :innocent: , yes , I agree , a bit too thick... the end justifies the means .. doesn't it :fight:

Alain

Good info, thanks! :)

I may try to reduce the width of the forward top fuselage by at least 2 mm instead, because where I'm sitting anything sounds easier than having to rebuild the windscreen. :unsure:

hi

rebuild the windscreen is not that hard to achieve , you only have to take care of the two lateral parts in order to get a nice " square " front part  :mental:. if you intend to reduce the top fuselage , you will have to rework the whole cockpit width : IP , floor etc , if you don't you will met issue to close the fuselage  ... hope I 've been clear 

Alain

my 406 ... not the ideal , or accurate , but it's works for me ;) in any case , the kit has its flaws here and there , it depend how far you will go in accuracy 

img_1911.jpg

here is how to rework the top fuselage ( Waroff advises) : remove more or less 1mm in front of the windscreen , and 5mm at the other side 

capot_12.jpg

17 hours ago, alain11 said:

hi

rebuild the windscreen is not that hard to achieve , you only have to take care of the two lateral parts in order to get a nice " square " front part  :mental:. if you intend to reduce the top fuselage , you will have to rework the whole cockpit width : IP , floor etc , if you don't you will met issue to close the fuselage  ... hope I 've been clear 

Alain

here is how to rework the top fuselage ( Waroff advises) : remove more or less 1mm in front of the windscreen , and 5mm at the other side 

I see, and your windscreen looks very good as you have done it. Great work! :)

And yes, I understand the work needed to modify the interior bits, but it still looks like a manageable solution.

Many thanks for the overhead photo of the nose, that clarifys the modification needed. Excellent stuff!