Wolfpack design - RF-4 conversions

Scotsman

Ditto. Want a blue "sea scheme" Woodpecker, but the Korean "box bird" would look awfully nice too, as would a vanilla RF-4C from Alconbury or Zweibrucken.

I really hope this goes ahead. 

Tony 

4 hours ago, SimonCornes said:

There is an RF-4 conversion on eBay, not expensive but is it any good? Don’t know !!

It's likely the old Black Box/Avionix set or an 'updated' copy of that. It was of an era, but the solid casting let it down. 

I'm hoping the Wolfpack-Design set provides a hollow nose, preferably in clear resin, with some depiction of interior sensors; 

also the rounded camera hatch style on the RF-4E. Anyway, it's got to be better! 

Tony

On 5 April 2020 at 2:21 PM, ade rowlands said:

They need to reissue the EJ-Kai set while they are at it. 

It's good (I have a copy) but Gary at GT Resin claimed the IP was slightly undersize. Looks okay to me.

Tony

Personally, I prefer resin cockpits that fit the kit rather than scale correct cockpits that require gouging out the kit plastic in order to shoehorn them in.  I checked my EJ Kai IP against the kit IP and it seems pretty close to the same size.  Wolfpack used the kit part as the basis for the master, so it should be the same size, although there might be a little shrinkage, as can be normal with molds and resin.