SYLDAVIAN P.11C. The final cut!

quang

5 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Ideal for that new Silver Wings Tiger Moth

Richard

I'd insert a 'Thompson Twins' video here if I could find one worth playing

I see Herge has included the anti-spin strakes but.....:o he’s missed out two support struts behind the main u/c legs!! 

28 minutes ago, quang said:

Tintin fans used to write to Herge to report discrepancies, some of which were corrected in later albums.

Unfortunately you're 40 years late, Max! :innocent:

Story of my life! There’s a few young ladies I’m 40 years too late for too! :blush:

It's almost a shame that there never was a "Battle of the Laughing Cow"...

:coolio:

Cheers, Joerg

P.S. Now perhaps, you could tackle the air forces of the two infamous banana republics of "San Theodorus" and "Nuevo Rico"?...

30 minutes ago, BlackCanopy said:

It's almost a shame that there never was a "Battle of the Laughing Cow"...

:coolio:

Cheers, Joerg

P.S. Now perhaps, you could tackle the air forces of the two infamous banana republics of "San Theodorus" and "Nuevo Rico"?...

Aaahh Joerg, I know a true connoisseur when I see one. :punk:
It was in the same battle of Lavashkiri that the Bordurian Iron Guards retaliated with artillery shells loaded with ripe camembert. Fortunately the Syldavian resistance all had their home-made Covidz masks on.:ninja:

On the banana front, General Alcazar is still waiting for his second-hand Mosquitos to start the revolution.

Cheers,

Quang

Edited by quang

1 hour ago, quang said:

On the banana front, General Alcazar is still waiting for his second-hand Mosquitos to start the revolution.

... Which then leads us to the Emir of Khemed, of course. I seem to remember that he posessed a Spitfire (MKI with a flat canopy?) in a quite striking yellow livery which he used for 'information warfare' against some unruly (and analphabetic) desert tribes ... Perhaps a diorama with stacks of those nice rosy leaflets beside the aircraft...?

Enough of this. ;-)

59 minutes ago, BlackCanopy said:

... Which then leads us to the Emir of Khemed, of course. I seem to remember that he posessed a Spitfire (MKI with a flat canopy?) in a quite striking yellow livery which he used for 'information warfare' against some unruly (and analphabetic) desert tribes ... Perhaps a diorama with stacks of those nice rosy leaflets beside the aircraft...?

Enough of this. ;-)

That was in 1950. In the original 1940 edition, it was a Hawker Hart :P

1-C302400-988-E-492-A-9-D27-D22350-DD446

290024-FC-A964-415-C-8052-0-A3-D4132-C2-

But you’re right, enough of this Tintin stuff before we get this here thread locked.

Hasta la vista!

Quang