ICM Stearman PT-17/N2S-3 Kaydet -3D renders

Jan_G

14 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Do propeller types track with engine types; wood with the 7-cylinder and metal with the 9-cylinder?

Rick

Rick, both props work on both engines and were both used by both Army and Navy.  The metal McCauley prop is more efficient and performs slightly better as well as being ground adjustable for pitch.  I prefer the McCauley.  

Today, however, they steel McCauley has an Airworthiness Directive requiring a shop inspect and crack check it every 100 hours or 24 months (IIRC).  That makes the wood Sensenich props more attractive as well as cheaper cost.  MT has an approved Woods prop which is supposed to be good too.  There is also a ground adjustable Hamilton Standard aluminum ground adjustable prop which works too.  

Found an ICM Stearman on eBay from Ukraine.  $79.99 with free shipping.   Only issue is while the title line reads “

ICM 32050 - 1/32 - Stearman PT-17/N2S-3 Kaydet, American Training”

the body of the listing indicates  it as an ICM I-153.  I asked the seller for clarification.  $79.99 price is a bit high, but assume seller is trying to sell for premium as a brand spanking new kit.  I may spring for it though if seller confirms it is indeed the new Stearman. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254661039882

Ukraposhta tracking shows mine is processing with three updates.  No idea where it may be as it most recently said preparing for shipment.  At least it shows something, unlike my last order from Ukraine which had one update only when ordered...and I received it. 

VnXZzX.jpg