KH 1/32 Mirage 2000D

Breaker

Overall, fit is really good. Cockpit is bland, I think KH are relying on you to use the decals to detail it up. Odd that you don't get any bombs with it, given it's most common loadout seems to be 2xGBU-12 on the centre line. 

I'm enjoying that a lot of parts are single piece, like the pylons and tail (aside from the top bit). 

With the exhaust, I flooded the joints with liquid glue and then pressed as hard as possible. Once the glue dried, I just had to remove the excess to retain the ribs. 

The instructions suck though! 

Kit only allows you to pose some blow in doors on the intake open but all my references for the D always show them closed on the ground and powered down. Mixed some CA and pigment and back filled the void with some tape over the top - The kit doors aren't even close to filling the gap. 
IMG-20200401-120412-COLLAGE.jpg

Fuel tanks also leave this big gaping hole with a nasty seam in. I ended up flooding it with CA and then using some scrap PE just to try and make it look presentable. 

IMG-20200401-120541.jpg

You would almost think it is a bad buy. No bombs, no ASMP missile. A crappy cockpit and air intake. Bad fitting of the fuel tank. 

Or yoy have to think defferently. See it as a challange. 

Good luck. I have mine put on the stock. I wait for some aftermarket goodies. 

2 hours ago, Rogier77 said:

You would almost think it is a bad buy. No bombs, no ASMP missile. A crappy cockpit and air intake. Bad fitting of the fuel tank. 

Or yoy have to think defferently. See it as a challange. 

Good luck. I have mine put on the stock. I wait for some aftermarket goodies. 

Nah, I'm enjoying it. I don't think it needs much aftermarket either. Seats & weapons will be plenty for me, plus some scratch building in the cockpit to give it some life! 

After some back and forth between DoogsATX and I, Quickboost Tornado seats seem to be the way forward with the Mirage. Tornado uses Martin Baker Mk.10A, the Mirage uses a Mk.10B.

All the side detail needs removing off the sides of the seat but it can't be seen regardless. The kit PE horns have been added to the resin to match references.

IMG-20200402-144451.jpg

IMG-20200402-144454.jpg

IMG-20200402-210810.jpg

Nice problem solving, Breaker. I have a single seat en route as we speak, I have always loved the C ever since my little brother gave me his old Monogram kit when we were children. 

Looking forward to more updates!

THOR    :ph34r: