1/18 Focke-Wulf Fw190C V18 'Känguruh'

airscale

Evening all :)

Not a huge amount to report as only had limited time at the bench in the last few days, but a few more bits done..

First the rudder pedals – here are the main parts from the PE I designed..

pnPT2q8Lj

..these were folded up and can be seen at the top, while all the other components that make up the complex casting and the two layers of heel stop are below..

pnz5THjjj

..these were assembled so that the main bits were all together..

po4pUM7Ij

..and then assembled with some footstraps from lead..  I need to find some better references for the pistons and brackets that these fit to before going any further..

pnwytwlIj

moving to the radiator – you can see on the front face there are some kind of structure at top and bottom, with the upper one having some kind of thing on it – I thought it was maybe an engine logo, but settled on some sort of filler cap.. I sound vague, because this is all I have to go on..

pm90QEM4j

..I painted and added the PE radiator fronts and the spoke type things and made up the upper and lower shapes as best I could from tracings from that photo..

pnWdjzx2j

..they look a lighter colour to me so tried to make a sort of anodised / RLM 02 style colour..

pmCaIGNgj

..and what they look like on the model..

poJW6SmVj

pojyvk1Kj

pmIGidOtj

..and that’s it – told you it wasn’t a lot :)

TTFN

Peter

Guest Vincent
On 6/18/2020 at 5:07 PM, airscale said:

one thing I am not sure about are the internal colours for things like the inside of the cowl – on the P51 it is interior green or zinc chromate, on a 190 I assume it’s RLM66 in the cockpit, but are internal parts either RLM02 or anodised metal? Any thoughts welcome

Given the time and the fact that it is a prototype, I'd go with RLM02. Focke Wulf never used anodized metal anyways, only Junkers

I see stuff like this and I feel my efforts are minuscule.   Once in awhile I take a long look at my SOD 1:32 Planet conversion 190C and for a brief moment feel inspired to bring it to the bench.  Made lots of build decisions and I realize how much of mine is incorrect.  I'm using artistic license while you are executing an aero engineering approach.

When and if I do finish my 190C I'll pass on close up photos.  :)

I'm geeking out on the engineering and exquisite detail on this.  Your approach to exhaust build has solved a "how am I gonna make this sucker fit?" issue on my 190C.  Thank you.

A joy to watch.  Bravo.