1/18 Focke-Wulf Fw190C V18 'Känguruh'

airscale

Peter, I had problems getting my pics to work- and found out why. I've been using the mail program Thunderbird, and have been writing the actual post in an email, which I save to Drafts. The thing is, the url locations for the photos get automatically saved as Rich Text, which buggers everything up when I tried to post them. Rich Text displays as blue lettering, and when you right-click and highlight it show an option in the drop-down menu to 'paste as normal text' or some such, getting rid of the rich text. Worked for me, but I host my own images- you may be at the mercy of everyone's best buddy, Photobucket. Best of luck, can't wait to see the latest- and cheers!

1 hour ago, chukw said:

Peter, I had problems getting my pics to work- and found out why. I've been using the mail program Thunderbird, and have been writing the actual post in an email, which I save to Drafts. The thing is, the url locations for the photos get automatically saved as Rich Text, which buggers everything up when I tried to post them. Rich Text displays as blue lettering, and when you right-click and highlight it show an option in the drop-down menu to 'paste as normal text' or some such, getting rid of the rich text. Worked for me, but I host my own images- you may be at the mercy of everyone's best buddy, Photobucket. Best of luck, can't wait to see the latest- and cheers!

thanks Chuk - i tried that just now but no luck :(

it's really odd - all my other images in all my other folders on PB work, even if I post them again now, but anything done this week or today just fails - evn though they are in and show in my albums and are exactly the same as the older ones..

I have emailed PB support but not holding my breath...

I would leave but i don't really want to kill all my old posts - that may be the only option if they don't sort it out..

2 hours ago, airscale said:

howdy folks :)

Just looking at the prop - anyone got any thoughts on likely colours?

Is this a black spinner & dark green blades like I have seen on Luftwaffe models or all black, or something else?

WIP0138_zpsguvzzphz.jpg

Sorry for being such a noob, but I am not experienced with Luftwaffe birds :)

Any thoughts appreciated

Thanks
Peter

I can't see the picture either, but photobucket is a notoriously bad website for sharing in my opinion. That being said, must Luftwaffe prop blades and spinners where in standard RLM 70 Schwarzgrün (black green). Looking at pictures from the V18 I'd recon the spinner is the same color as the blades.

Hi Peter,

I had exactly the same problem on my last posting of my Corsair build. No matter what I tried I couldn’t get the photos up. Most annoying as everything worked as it should on my previous post.

I finally gave up and tried Imgur which worked just fine. I’m a paying customer of PB but once I’ve retrieved my existing photos from my account, and there’s a lot of them, we’ll be parting ways. This last incident is one of a number of issues I’ve had with PB. Enough time is spent setting up to take the photos, resize and edit them as necessary, and the spend so much time attaching them to a post and nothin’ works. That’s just bad economy for my money.

I hope you get it sorted as I look forward to every one of your updates!

Cheers,

Wolf

You can always sign up with another photo host company and leave your PB account intact for archival purposes.  I'm always recommending to people who are leaving Photobucket not to delete their accounts but just to leave them so that their old build logs would remain intact.  Unfortunately, lots of people did delete and now there are many threads with broken photo links.

1 hour ago, TaffyMan said:

Yeah nice progress Peter and as always inspiring work:clap2:

Who did you go with for your photo host in the end Peter - toying with moving from PB myself

Happy Days - Taff :D

1 hour ago, Cees Broere said:

Same here, since PB I haven't posted on forums apart from LSM where you do not need a seperate photohost. Looking for a free hosting service so I can post progress on the Manchester conversion.

Cheers

Cees

hi guys - I went with imageshack as they were offering 50% off so I got a 12 month deal for premium for $18. I am not sure about free ones as I think they have download limits and where my threads get quite a lot of views in different places I think I would exceed them so for 18 bucks its not worth the risk. I will just leave PB as is and not renew payment so hopefully anything done previously will just be hit by their watermark rather than disappear

49 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

I can see all your PB images just fine Pete.  :shrug:

It's good you changed tho  :clap2:

Ah hi Mike - you can se the imageshack ones - PB is still broken :(

Peter