1/18 Focke-Wulf Fw190C V18 'Känguruh'

airscale

2 hours ago, TwoHands said:

What is the ribbed horizontal structure stick high in the center of the panel???

That is the ‘Ausgleichsgefäss’ usually connected to a rate of climb indicator, but I don’t see any rate of climb indicator. It most likely was used for one of the additional test instruments.

evening folks :)

On 5/2/2020 at 6:02 AM, TwoHands said:

What is the ribbed horizontal structure stick high in the center of the panel???

I was wondering exactly the same thing! and thinking what a bugger it will be to make..

On 5/2/2020 at 8:41 AM, VintageEagle said:

That is the ‘Ausgleichsgefäss’ usually connected to a rate of climb indicator, but I don’t see any rate of climb indicator. It most likely was used for one of the additional test instruments.

Ah Roger, again to the rescue :) you have been so helpful to me offline too - super grateful you are on my wing!

I have spent most of the time since the last update doing computer work on the PE that will be needed, and in fact set out all the parts for the one sidewall I have drawings for - it's this side and this is a useful resto shot showing some of the basic panel work.. note the assembly is mainly pressings with rounded edges and strengthening shapes..

WIP0105_zpswhcelbds.jpg

..I also have an A model top face picture which seems to fit with the earlier layout - there are many different shapes for the cutout where the engine start pull switch is..and n fact every side panel i look at is different in one way or another..

WIP0106_zpscncbvqws.jpg

..after laying out all the PE, including layers to try and develop some of the pressing shapes, I thought firstly it may not actually end up looking liike a pressing, and secondly my Photo etch people PPD are still on lockdown so I don't know when I might actually be able to get the parts made up

..with this in mind I thought I would try and make my own pressings..

I used the PE designs to cut the female shape from thin plastic card and mounted it on a solid backing. After annealing litho, I used a wooden coffee stirrer to work the metal around the female mould and get the pressing - when the prototype worked, I made the parts up for real and embossed any rivets from the back..

..they are not as crisp as PE, but at least they look more like they are pressed..

WIP0108_zpsrewri3zw.jpg

WIP0107_zpswrbzxocr.jpg

..I then took zero pictures until I had finished detailing the sidewall... sorry..

WIP0110_zpsz8ny48cq.jpg

WIP0109_zpsm8oon9er.jpg

WIP0111_zpsbkf0jtkd.jpg

still more to do, but it's a start at least..

..I now need to try and find drawings of the other side..though I may just scale things from the other resto pic I have...

WIP0112_zpszt0a9q0d.jpg

TTFN
Peter

19 minutes ago, Antonio Argudo said:

Hello Peter, seems to me that you have represented the right console for a FW190 A3/4  style,  the configuration for a D model is a bit different

Hi Antonio :)

yes it is an A model as I have since found out the V18 fuselage was an early A1 (I think all the C models were) so that's what I will be going with

shame as I did a lot of D9 research and bought books and all the time it's a modified A...

Peter 

Too bad I don't have my references with me! I had some good pics of early A cockpits when I was doing research for my early 190A build. Damn virus! I would have my stuff with me by now if I could go back home and pack everything up!

Starboard side looks really good!

:thumbsup:

5 hours ago, VintageEagle said:

Hi Peter,

Fantastic work! Regarding the suspected Ausgleichsgefäss an original installation guideline can be fond here:

https://www.deutscheluftwaffe.com/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/a/Askania/Einbauvorschrift Variometer.pdf

Note the similarity of the shapes.

Cheers,

Roger

Some more pictures and info. Looks like the one in th v18 is slightly different with the ribbed structure.

https://www.deutscheluftwaffe.de/fl-22360-ausgleichsgefaess-fuer-variometer

https://www.ta-152.de/variometer-ausgleichgefaess-fl-22860/