1/18 Focke-Wulf Fw190C V18 'Känguruh'

airscale

Peter,  the Smith and Creek Fw 190 vol. 1 (Classic Pub.) has some extremely high definition photos of the V-18, which do confirm clearly your interpretation of the chin scoop, my guess is oil cooler heat exchanger.

1 hour ago, Kais said:

Progressing nicely Peter.

Could you tell me the correct name for the P40 filler you use please?

Hi Kais - sorry I mislabeled it - it is called Isopon P38 car body filler, not P40, the P40 one is like fibreglass

Peter

11 hours ago, levier said:

Peter,  the Smith and Creek Fw 190 vol. 1 (Classic Pub.) has some extremely high definition photos of the V-18, which do confirm clearly your interpretation of the chin scoop, my guess is oil cooler heat exchanger.

Thanks Levier - everyone keeps recommending that book!

I cannot seem to find a copy as it's in reprint on Crecy until November and the only one I can find on Amazon is £510!

WIP0101_zpsj9sonjwe.jpg

Does anyone have a copy and could perhaps scan or even photograph the pages relating to the V18 and send to info@airscale.co.uk?

I would be super-grateful

Thanks

Peter

1 hour ago, airscale said:

Thanks Levier - everyone keeps recommending that book!

I cannot seem to find a copy as it's in reprint on Crecy until November and the only one I can find on Amazon is £510!

WIP0101_zpsj9sonjwe.jpg

Does anyone have a copy and could perhaps scan or even photograph the pages relating to the V18 and send to info@airscale.co.uk?

I would be super-grateful

Thanks

Peter

I have this book and will sort and send shortly 

Aaron

1 hour ago, Wackyracer said:

I have this book and will sort and send shortly 

Aaron

Hi Aaron - thank you so much for the pics, the power of this forum and the great people here mean a few have sent them so thank you to you all

I can see so much more detail compared to the grainy ones I was working with

thanks again all

Peter

Peter there was an article published in Flugzeug Classic (4/2018) on this aircraft may be helpful. It is in German however. Whilst a number of the photos in this article have already been put up here, there are some others and of course several pages of text describing it in more detail. Email if you're interested and I will send you a PDF.

Cheers

Kevin

13 hours ago, KevinCG said:

Peter there was an article published in Flugzeug Classic (4/2018) on this aircraft may be helpful. It is in German however. Whilst a number of the photos in this article have already been put up here, there are some others and of course several pages of text describing it in more detail. Email if you're interested and I will send you a PDF.

Cheers

Kevin

Hi Kevin - I am always on the lookout for more of the scarce reference there is for this bird, so PM sent and I will gladly take the PDF

I also picked up a great photo from another forum contributor over on BM that shows the V15 cockpit as covered in the Smith & Creek book which is basically everything I need to know about how V18 would likely have looked..

note all the test instruments above & below the panel, and the unusual custom made six dial lower panel

WIP0104_zpsd73z7yzv.jpg

I took this and traced it in coreldraw..

WIP0102_zpsx6he7esz.jpg

.because the photo distorts sizes & shapes due to the angle it was taken and perspective, this was then overlaid the few scale factory drawings I have to scale and rearrange all the features so both the outlines and sizes are right..

..I then created both what will become the photo-etch parts and the decals for the instrumentation..

WIP0103_zpsrjazbo1m.jpg

..much more to do, and some of this will ultimately go into an airscale set for the Hobbyboss 1/18 A8 Fw190

TTFN

Peter