1/18 Focke-Wulf Fw190C V18 'Känguruh'

airscale

nice project Im  90% done with my 190 C V18 . due to this virus .  I used a mix of Tamiya 40%XF-22 RLM gray ,40% XF-49 ,20%  white  color looks close to RLM02 . the bottom of the right aileron looks like RLM 76 . I started my project on here years ago but photoshop blocked out all pic, s of my build . Im going to start posting pics as soon as I can figure out how to do it again. Good luck on your project .

afternoon ladies :)

thank you so much for the warm welcome on this build :) I am really excited about it even though it is as far as you can get from the well documented P51C with a full library of every drawing available to look up.. I will just have to domore 'interpretation' than usual!

On 3/30/2020 at 10:07 PM, VintageEagle said:

Great choice! The 190 is one of my favorite planes and I have studied it in detail for my 1/32 build. I’ll help with information where I can. 

On 3/30/2020 at 10:12 PM, Alain Gadbois said:

Very interesting project!

I have some info on this aircraft and will share with pleasure!

Alain

Thanks Roger & Alain - I am already in your debt, for the info you have already sent and am going to need wingmen like you to help me on this one :)

On 3/31/2020 at 8:57 AM, Wackyracer said:

Joined Patreon last night and viewed the first few videos which are excellent, looking forward to the rest.

Ah Wackyracer, you were pipped to the post by one, otherwise you would have been my very first Patron! I have really enjoyed making video blogs of the build to compliment WIP posts and think it really does bring another dimension to not only what I do, but sharing it with you good folks :)

another video went up this morning, so do catch that one

On 4/2/2020 at 5:05 AM, miamiangler said:

nice project Im  90% done with my 190 C V18 . due to this virus .  I used a mix of Tamiya 40%XF-22 RLM gray ,40% XF-49 ,20%  white  color looks close to RLM02 . the bottom of the right aileron looks like RLM 76 . I started my project on here years ago but photoshop blocked out all pic, s of my build . Im going to start posting pics as soon as I can figure out how to do it again. Good luck on your project .

Hi Miamiangler- stay safe over there and can't wait to see a fellow build of this engimatic aircraft

So where were we... breaking up the 21st Century Toys 'toy' into bits...

The model is mainly made up from bits that are either screwed together, or have 'nubs' that pass through a hole and are then melted with what looks like a soldering iron, so by breaking out those nubs it came to pieces quite easily & quickly...

..the fuselage and all those bits...

WIP0026_zpswuqayxoo.jpg

..and the wings and all those bits...

WIP0028_zpsep0bmd2o.jpg

..comparing to plans, the shapes are pretty good - the fuselage is a tad short at the tail, but that's no problem to correct later..

WIP0027_zpszok3cn1y.jpg

..and the wings are fine..

WIP0029_zpseg2ubuoa.jpg

..the model is covered in deep panel lines which will be a problem when it comes to skinning, so the first step was to fill these with P40 filler...

WIP0018_zps0fifltop.jpg

WIP0019_zpscbqexic5.jpg

..no this is not some late war camoflage, this is what it looks like after sanding the filler down...

WIP0016_zpsbi6pwzzu.jpg

..the recess for the airscoop was also filled..

WIP0017_zpsa8ua77bt.jpg

..then the fuselage & wings were shot with some high build primer - mainly so I have a unified looking set of parts to work with, but also to help visualisation..

WIP0023_zpsmcv1mpw0.jpg

WIP0022_zpsb2r4egov.jpg

WIP0021_zpswkxygfxs.jpg

WIP0020_zps1we7ikae.jpg

..have also started to gather what drawings I can find and start translating them into what will become a large photo-etch set, although the etcher's I use PPD have suspended trading due to covid so that will be a while yet

WIP0024_zpsdqjahmlx.jpg

..and even while preparing that top instrument panel part, I learned thanks to forum contributors that this Fw190 would have had ancilliary instruments like this shot of a high altitude test aircraft - this is what I will copy I expect...

WIP0025_zpsqkyjv4kn.jpg

so, we are on our way.... a million parts to go, but I think it is going to be a blast :)

Don't forget, if you fancy it, video builds and articles are and will continue to be posted on Patreon

TTFN

Peter

Hi . Yes Thank you Im staying indoors and only go out for food (two week supply )  I have a 1/8 Fw190 and find that no one makes parts for those models .Interior is where most of the work would be . Im interested to see how you are going to do this project .  I like to know how do you post Pics ? I had the good old Photobucket. Have not don't it in years . Can you explain how you do it?

Stay safe   Willi

16 hours ago, miamiangler said:

Hi . Yes Thank you Im staying indoors and only go out for food (two week supply )  I have a 1/8 Fw190 and find that no one makes parts for those models .Interior is where most of the work would be . Im interested to see how you are going to do this project .  I like to know how do you post Pics ? I had the good old Photobucket. Have not don't it in years . Can you explain how you do it?

Stay safe   Willi

Hi Willi - I think there is a tutorial on posting pics in the main form - try this

I also know of a good company that make RC scale interiors that are very good - try these guys

1 hour ago, tomprobert said:

Ohhhhh... this looks tasty! It’ll be great seeing a rare bird such as this come together - the ‘kit’ itself looks remarkably accurate as a starting point. 

Is the P-51 finished? Did I miss a ‘Ready for Inspection’ post somewhere??

All the best,

Tom

Hi Tom - No you didn't miss anything :) the P51 is practically done, but waiting on some drop tanks which are being 3D designed & printed so I will go back to those in good time.. I will also shoot some RFI pics at some point :) By the way your Shackleton is looking incredible!

last for today, I was asked if I can put up a video for the Fw190 that anyone can see - Paul Budzik I ain't, but I hope some enjoy it :)

Here it is... Big Stuff - initial engineering

TTFN

Peter