Trumpeter Lightning F3 Binbrook Beauty

stusbke

Hi guys joining in on this Gb.

title says it all really hope to get this one done rapidly not too keen on changing a lot will do a few bits here and there but I hope to get her closed up ASAP and get paint on her while bench time is at its peak ATM

the livery which I'm going to build

91395123_3635438916530988_46609386117288

91342877_3635434989864714_46170140284372

wrote down what Ill need to address before she can be closed up. Looks like a lot, should be al right, mostly its façade adding to make the fuselage pop more in terms of detail and clutter

first things first wings moved back 3mm like I've seen done in so many other builds does make a huge difference hence me doing it. 

next up before I do any other work is the inflight refueling probe

91320766_3635435426531337_48396379845736

I eyeballed this mostly but its looks ok for me I'll be pleased when its done one more sanding session tomorrow and I'm on my way to another big item on the list

91355178_3635435289864684_48122144895396

It was dropping a bit while I was taking this picture but you get the idea still need to add the ball in front end sand to length and add the master refuelling probe to call it really done but this is what makes the look of the lightning IMHO so glad that step is done...

on tot he next update guys

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs

Dad said seeing a Lightning fly was the single most impressive airshow performance he's ever seen. He said the pilot brought it over the field on the deck, stood it on it's tail and went until you couldn't hear or see him anymore. Impressive.

Edited by BradG

5 minutes ago, BradG said:

Dad said seeing a Lightning fly was the single most impressive airshow performance he's ever seen. He said the pilot brought it over the field on the deck, stood it on it's tail and went until you couldn't hear or see him anymore. Impressive.

yep seen a few of these climb outs on youtube what a beast that was...I can only imagine what it was like going to airshows those days ....Awesome

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs

5 minutes ago, stusbke said:

yep seen a few of these climb outs on youtube what a beast that was...I can only imagine what it was like going to airshows those days ....Awesome

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs

Yes, Lightnings were awesome, literally so. The ground actually shook when they did their thing. One of the advantages of being old is that I saw the Lightning precursor, the English Electric P1 fly at Farnborough in the 1950s, accompanied by the all-white V Force; Vulcan, Valiant and Victor! Thrilling for a young boy. :D

2 hours ago, mozart said:

Yes, Lightnings were awesome, literally so. The ground actually shook when they did their thing. One of the advantages of being old is that I saw the Lightning precursor, the English Electric P1 fly at Farnborough in the 1950s, accompanied by the all-white V Force; Vulcan, Valiant and Victor! Thrilling for a young boy. :D

For those who were not fortunate to be there, you can watch the British Pathé films on YouTube, well worth it!

Alain

4 minutes ago, dmthamade said:

That'll be a colorful build!! NMF plus blue and the tail art. What are you going to use for the NMF? Clean build or weathered?

Don

actually only the belly tank was metallic and not even for long its the the 3 tome Grey scheme I'm doing with the decals from Xtradecal

Not keeping her clean that's for sure but not overly weathered I'm not a fan of that anyway not my thing I want them to represent how they looked on the line not derelict ...

Cheers Fred

5 hours ago, stusbke said:

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs

I saw them do that quite a lot, so much so you just got used to it, I'd love to experience that again. Did the Earth move for you? Oh, yes!

3 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

I saw them do that quite a lot, so much so you just got used to it, I'd love to experience that again. Did the Earth move for you? Oh, yes!

I guess its the same as the tomcat I've only seen the demo once and that was an A version, would have loved to see a B or D version go at it man that would have been bittersweet. The F15 can zoom quite lovely seen the west coast demo team come by in Belgium a decade ago man they tore up the place still vividly remember that demo they rumbled soil as well

One thing I LOVE about fighter jets that brute power... its just pure magic...

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs