1/32 Mirage F.1C

Renegade

The flaps are looking great John. Well done :clap2::clap2:

On a side note I measured the wing and fuselage in the week after all the internet chatter on the old Esci and KH 1/48  kits. The Esci kit was done erroneously with the launchers included in the span but the length checks out. KH kit 1/45 ????

Cheers

Nick

Thanks Nick and Raph. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

8 hours ago, Cheetah11 said:

The flaps are looking great John. Well done :clap2::clap2:

On a side note I measured the wing and fuselage in the week after all the internet chatter on the old Esci and KH 1/48  kits. The Esci kit was done erroneously with the launchers included in the span but the length checks out. KH kit 1/45 ????

Cheers

Nick

That is true, and why I am not using any reference to either of those for the build. Although the Kitty Hawk kit is better engineered and sadly oversized, the Italeri kit looks pretty good for it's age, besides the short wingspan and very odd/squashed cockpit layout and windshield that is too long and tapers out too much. 

Back to the build, the flap mechanism underneath the F.1 wing is a mindblowing design. I'm first going to make the fairing in the retracted position and make a mold of it to ensure they are the same shape and size. Seeing that they are mirrored, then only scribe the lines on the resin copies where they split up like a Swiss Army knife...lol. Then molds of them will be made (because i'll probably screw one or two up) to cut up into the sections for deployed flaps. 

Cheers, 

John 

10 hours ago, Cheetah11 said:

Maybe easier to do a flaps up and another flaps down set of wings and include both in the kit?

Nick, I did not explain it clear enough. That is where the molds come in after the break up lines have been scribed for port and starboard fairings. They will indeed be supplied for the retracted position.

48 minutes ago, topper71 said:

Hi John !!

Great work, have you planned  armements  for the F1   perhaps magic 530  missiles or more ? 

Regards Marcel 

Thanks Marcel,

Armament will be:

4 x LRF-4 rocket pods

2 x Matra Magic

The centerline pylon will have a drop tank.

The fairing has been shaped, and rough pencil markings to help wrap my mind around it. A mold will be made of it today.

jBZX6CQ.jpg

Cheers,

John

given the many similarities with the French F1C, will there be decals planned for a French decoration in your kit?

Hi John,

An another question, given the many similarities with the french F1C, will there be decals planned for a french version decoration in your kit ?

Regards Marcel 

Hi Nick,

That would be awesome. However, the AZ has a couple of unique features, and would have to be considered as a completely separate product. Besides the nose, the following are also different:

Cockpit bulkhead, instrument panel, instrument cowl. Not to mention the weapons loadout ;)

Cheers, 

John 

hi John

that looks great !!!! do you plan to glue the ........fairings !!?, or as you said " the aileron control horn " to the wing , I think   it would it more convenient !!! ( except if it complicates the cast ), or it will be  a separated part , charge to the modeler to glue them at the right place ................!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?????????????

Alain