1/32 Mirage F.1C

Renegade

Hi Guys,

With the port main gear bay completed, the basic construction for the starboard bay is almost ready to start adding detail.

Interestingly, the bays are similar, but not symmetrical, as there's an extra rib on the starboard side,  as well as only one instead of two circular panel close to the rear, and the plumbing is quite different. I'll try to replicate these as best I can.

IMEeMJI.jpg

aQNEcbH.jpg

Cheers

23 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Outstanding  and Superb  job.

:clap2:

Thanks Maru :)

These wells are taking a bit longer than anticipated... <_<

Starboard wheel well taking shape, and a few more plastic card bits, then the plumbing can be done.

I am now referring to the starboard well as "Eve", and the port one as "Adam" because it has one rib less. :rofl:

ayR4R7w.jpg

Cheers

hi John

these gear bays look very nice , great efforts !!! it's a challenging area , I took a look on "walk around " photos , indeed , this is a real mess inside the main wheel well , yes , great efforts , especially since , you could have overlooked them , as the big doors bay are often seen  ( sometime ????) closed on parked AC 

Alain 

Ps : I know your care about details :coolio:

Edited by alain11

On 7/24/2022 at 3:46 PM, alain11 said:

hi John

these gear bays look very nice , great efforts !!! it's a challenging area , I took a look on "walk around " photos , indeed , this is a real mess inside the main wheel well , yes , great efforts , especially since , you could have overlooked them , as the big doors bay are often seen  ( sometime ????) closed on parked AC 

Alain 

Ps : I know your care about details :coolio:

Hi Alain,

Yes indeed, a very busy set of wheel wells, and mounted more to the side of the fuselage makes their interior details more visible. On the other hand, the forward doors would normally be in the closed position, usually only opened briefly after a flight, maintenance or during static displays. I do know that you enjoy these details, so I hope you like it.

I am now done with the main gear well details (over it! :)), and this is how they turned out. not 100%, but should look busy enough.

Thanks for looking, and I appreciate all comments.

v12Ys9A.jpg

Cheers,

John

22 hours ago, alain11 said:

Hi John

It would be a shame to hide your work , I hope that all these details will keep "sharp" once cast

Hi Alain,

I agree, would be a waste to hide the detail. The two wells are made up out of a total of around 190 individual parts! No wonder it took so long...lol.

Not concerned about loss of sharpness, because the silicone rubber pics up very fine detail. I sprayed a cote of silver on the wells, silver being a cruel and unforgiving "teacher" that it is, and the details remain well visible. The paint is not dry yet, and will become more smooth as it dries.

Thanks for everyone's kind words, it motivates me. :)

lShv4uu.jpg

Cheers.

Edited by Renegade

Hi guys,

Working on the slats now, and it's a rather tricky part. The slats are still in a rough state, and they were carved and shaped out of two strips of resin. I needed to make a single slat rail with the correct curve, so that a mold can be made to ensure that they all will have the same dimensions. Some other parts were mounted along with the rail, not to waste rubber for a single part. Now I have many spare cannon barrels, hydraulic arms and the second bracket for the starboard airbrake. Below, the rails can be seen temporarily stuck on with some Prestik to confirm their spacing, which has to correspond with the slots to be cut into the leading edge of the wing.

G4D9NUJ.jpg

Cheers