1/32 Mirage F.1C

Renegade

5 hours ago, Nighthawk Calling 1 said:

Your build Sir is fantastic I remember seeing these at Alconbury once, they came to train with the F5E's, such a great looking jet. Looking forward to seeing it finish.

Thanks, it's a lovely aircraft and was stunning to see them fly. Especially a SAAF one, although it was an F-1AZ, powered by an SMR-95 engine. 

Cheers, 

John 

Hi guys,

It was a rough week on my side, but work is in progress on the speed brakes of the F.1C. Real tricky little things, but I have figured out a way to make them. Made the outer part of it, then made a mold in case I mess it up, and don't have to start over again. I cast the outer part with a harder black resin and sanded them thinner, and two extra from a softer resin to modify for the inside section. Plastic card was used to make the speed brake bay, which still has to be completed and detailed. Here's some pictures of a test fit, keeping everything in place with Prestik and masking tape. Now they can be refined, and the hydraulic arm also be made.

7wLynHn.jpg

tkbHCad.jpg

IC9B0CY.jpg

F8WyLIN.jpg

Cheers,

John

On 6/27/2022 at 9:10 AM, blackbetty said:

how much $or€ is it?

It actually depends on the destination country as the cost includes the hefty p&p cost from South Africa to Europe but I guess for Austria this should be very similar to Belgium: around 250€.