1/32 Mirage F.1C

Renegade

Hi guys,

It has been too long that this project has stood still, and it's time to wrap it up.

Work has been resumed on the cockpit, as this is a critical part in how it should fit snug into the fuselage.

Just about done with the instrument cowl. The starboard side was simple, but the port side is busy...

After this, I will finish the instrument panel, bulkhead and the ejection seat.

F7bih3u.jpg

Cheers,

John

Edited by Renegade

Nice work John, well done. I also share your passion for this aircraft, and have the ancient Revell 1/32 Mirage IIIE kit as a basis for scratch building one at some future point. Hopefully, mine will end up looking like this:

134.JPG

If it comes out half as nice as yours, then I will be a very happy man! :)

Regards

Derek

On 6/15/2022 at 10:13 PM, Derek B said:

Nice work John, well done. I also share your passion for this aircraft, and have the ancient Revell 1/32 Mirage IIIE kit as a basis for scratch building one at some future point. Hopefully, mine will end up looking like this

On 6/15/2022 at 10:13 PM, Derek B said:

If it comes out half as nice as yours, then I will be a very happy man! :)

Derek, thanks. Wow! that is quite a job in itself and it is doable. I have seen one built using the old Revell IIIE. The Hellenic F.1's do look great, especially the blue and grey camo.

Cheers,

John

Fantastic work...... but you do know you can 3d print in HIPS, the same plastic all the kit manufacturers use for injection moulding? It will make working on your printed parts far, far easier! It will glue, drill, sand, fill, carve, groove, paint exactly the same way as kit plastic.  Please, give it a try!!

Thanks Wunwinglow,

Also thanks for the suggestion. It sure would have been easier, but I have invested a lot of time into this already, and crossed the point of no return. Must say that I do enjoy the challenge and feels like I'm "owning" it more rather than a machine that has made it perfect already, and having to use some elbow grease, putting my skills to task. 

Cheers