1/32 Mirage F.1C

Renegade

Thanks for the input guys. Think the Spanish F-1CE had a different ejection seat (Mk.BRM4?), but the French C and SAAF CZ had the same Mk.4B ejection seats. As Nick mentioned, only the CZ had the bisonic shock cones. The instrument panels should be very similar between the three.

3L1FMxI.jpg

By the way Nick, do you perhaps have some specifications/dimensions for the centreline RP35 drop tank and it's pylon? :)

Cheers,

John

Edited by Renegade
Image added

I copy with Antonio, though I come from Holland, this is the most beautiful Mirage. Still have the presentation booklet from the seventies. Have to dig that one out and make a few pictures and share that here. Would love to see this one coming to the possibilities of purchase in 1/32 scale.

Until later with some pictures.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan   

Edited by Dutch Man
Add some text

8 hours ago, Renegade said:

By the way Nick, do you perhaps have some specifications/dimensions for the centreline RP35 drop tank and it's pylon? :)

Cheers,

John

John the pylon is the CLB-910 and the total length is 3785 mm. Height at the front 250mm.

I do not have the tank dimensions but if you scale up the Italeri 1/48 tank I think it will be close.

Cheers

Nick

Guys, I couldn't agree more, the F.1 is without a doubt still one of the sexiest fighters ever! :wub:

23 hours ago, Dutch Man said:

I copy with Antonio, though I come from Holland, this is the most beautiful Mirage. Still have the presentation booklet from the seventies. Have to dig that one out and make a few pictures and share that here. Would love to see this one coming to the possibilities of purchase in 1/32 scale.

Until later with some pictures.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan   

Jan, that sounds interesting and would love to see it :)

15 hours ago, Cheetah11 said:

John the pylon is the CLB-910 and the total length is 3785 mm. Height at the front 250mm.

I do not have the tank dimensions but if you scale up the Italeri 1/48 tank I think it will be close.

Cheers

Nick

Thanks Nick, the pylon dimensions check out, but the fuel tank seemed to be a mystery... So, I placed a pretty good side shot photo onto the drawings. Again, the pylon was spot on, and that gives me a very good indication of the fuel tank's dimensions B)

0SbBT3h.jpg

Cheers,

John

I love viewing these one off projects.  Simply amazed at the attention given to a one particular example.  A seriously attractive example here no doubt.  I’m not much of a jet guy (at all) but I really like to see these new jet examples put forward and with all the attention.   I would however love to see an F-102 or F-106 and maybe a B-58 and my propeller driven world of humbleness would go right out the window.   Bring on a Wisconsin Air National Guard.  Oh yeah.    

Thanks Troy, This is one of the ways to have that model in one's collection that simply isn't available. The F-102 and F-106 are interesting subjects too. At least there's a vac-form solution to that :)

So, the centreline drop tank seems to have been very poorly documented, and I at least have quite a good idea of the dimensions now. Needed materials to make it, but can't get to it. I cut a piece from the broomstick and turned the basic shape of the drop tank :wicked:. My wife was not impressed... :fight:  :frantic:

However, it worked well, and vac-form halves will be made from the wooden master to make it lighter. Then the drop tank fins will be made.

qEOw6OG.jpg

vLVxr5z.jpg

Cheers,

John

Edited by Renegade
Typo

On 4/3/2020 at 12:00 AM, Renegade said:

Thanks Troy, This is one of the ways to have that model in one's collection that simply isn't available. The F-102 and F-106 are interesting subjects too. At least there's a vac-form solution to that :)

So, the centreline drop tank seems to have been very poorly documented, and I at least have quite a good idea of the dimensions now. Needed materials to make it, but can't get to it. I cut a piece from the broomstick and turned the basic shape of the drop tank :wicked:. My wife was not impressed... :fight:  :frantic:

However, it worked well, and vac-form halves will be made from the wooden master to make it lighter. Then the drop tank fins will be made. 

Cheers,

John

Hi All, John,

Some look at my doc and:

in centerline position the RP-35 tank is the RP-35/2  dimensions are L=5060mm x diam.690mm

the support pylon is  Alkan type 910.

If this can help.

(I just sent you a message because i've this drawings: pylon and tank RP-35 in 1/36th upscale to 1/32, I can send through an email.)

;-)

Edited by rafju

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words and input, it helps to keep me motivated :)

Although it's still lockdown over here and being at home, doesn't guarantee modeling time. My wife works from home and then I spend most of my time with my 3-year old little wingman. He supervises the build from time to time. :innocent:

JPLufJv.png

Managed to get the mold done for the vac-forming of the fuel tank, but low on the right thickness plastic card... :(

bRv6zgt.jpg

The tail fin was sanded down again and primed for riveting, and as you can see, the 3D printing is a rough story and the PLA is not forgiving to work with. Still a bit rough, but getting there.

mXkwO9B.jpg

cB7jG1T.jpg

Then the profile of the wing was a semi-symmetrical airfoil at the wingtips, which is wrong. The F.1 has a very thin wingtip. I sanded the living daylights out of the one wing already, and here's a picture for comparison.

YxzcLJk.jpg

Cheers,

John