Wingnut Wings FE.2b (Late)..

Jeff T

Hi all,

Just finished up this one, Wingnut Wings FE.2b (Late), its taken a long time to complete, I started it in 2016, and put it on the back burner until resuming work on it around September last year.

Its unbelievable how a company can kit a model like this, and lay out all the direction you need to build it.Kits like this are great value for money, with the time it takes to put one together.

I dont know if James Fahey is a member here, but I would like to thank him for his reference pics, I couldn't have rigged this without them, they are a gold mine of reference.

I know the British aircraft used the flat type rigging wires on their aircraft, but that was going to be too much trying to install that type of rigging on this build, so I just used normal thread, ...I used Bob's Buckles eyelets and brass tube for rigging, plus some Gaspatch turnbuckles.

For some reason the wood grain on my pics always looks darker and more reddish tone than it does in person, must be my camera or lens, dont know why it does it, ....you can see it looks a bit lighter on the in progress pics I took with my Iphone

MzprUbm.jpg

qonvoVM.jpg

4ujLFR7.jpg

7QG1fxN.jpg

HnuXVpw.jpg

VrWwEVL.jpg

9Oopxqc.jpg

zgphFw0.jpg

gIkKvWa.jpg

W1H5H2j.jpg

e0LNmPe.jpg

gYuH7M1.jpg