Z-M Horten on its way

Astro32

Thank goodness for Sprue Bros!

When I was working up an order with them the other day, I noticed they had Z-M's Ho-229 in stock which had been a fly in my ear for quite awhile. Couldn't resist. Besides, I'm hoping that when it shows up, I'll be called back to work! Sometimes fooling the gods works. I've looked at some of the build threads here and it looks like a good challenge.

21 hours ago, Astro32 said:

Thank goodness for Sprue Bros!

When I was working up an order with them the other day, I noticed they had Z-M's Ho-229 in stock which had been a fly in my ear for quite awhile. Couldn't resist. Besides, I'm hoping that when it shows up, I'll be called back to work! Sometimes fooling the gods works. I've looked at some of the build threads here and it looks like a good challenge.

Congrats if you got the last one, those are HTF..

Edited by hworth18

6 minutes ago, 32scalelover said:

The $100 price difference in price between the two will tell you which one they sent on the invoice.;)

It's definitely the 32nd version I ordered, both by price ($152) and by description. What I actually receive? That's another story, but I'll know in a few more days.

Received my order today. Even after reviewing the builds here, all I can say is, Holy flying wing, Batman! I thought Tamiya's Corsair was insane. It might as well be a 50s Aurora kit by comparison. A different league altogether. Looking forward to this one.

I have this kit and a few lovely upgrades for it (yahu make a photo etch panel for it now). just working out how to have panels be removable so all that lovely internal detail can still be seen.

I also want to do a more Luft ‘46 style build and have it set up as if it was in an operational unit. Might need to do some scratch building for things like the radio sets etc.

I have to get my He 219 and Mosquito done first though!

6 hours ago, curiouslysophie said:

I have this kit and a few lovely upgrades for it (yahu make a photo etch panel for it now). 

I just can't wrap my brain around this kit. Yes I've looked at some of the builds here but nonetheless, I'm stunned. Good luck with yours!

2 hours ago, Astro32 said:

I just can't wrap my brain around this kit. Yes I've looked at some of the builds here but nonetheless, I'm stunned. Good luck with yours!

Thank you! Good luck to you too!

it is a fairly baffling kit when you first look at it. So much detail! Now I look at it and wonder how much more detail I can add :P

• 4 weeks later...

Had another look at it last night. I'm still stunned and overwhelmed by it all. So much so I screamed and threw a big thigh bone up in the air. (lets see who catches that)

Looks like some wiring and plumbing will be needed behind the instrument panel and up along some of the tubing around the 'pit, and were any of the flight controls cable actuated or were they all by pushrods?